Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Aviator Upgrades and Downgrades Supposedly Available Now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aviator Upgrades and Downgrades Supposedly Available Now

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
That's excellent to hear that we now have 100% evidence that Red Card and the original US Mastercard spending count towards EQM qualification for new Silver Card holders!!!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
That's excellent to hear that we now have 100% evidence that Red Card and the original US Mastercard spending count towards EQM qualification for new Silver Card holders!!!
Seems so. I just 5000 EQM (and one extra RDM) and my first statement as a Silver cardholder hasn't even closed yet.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by Granitebox
Wow...all 10k EQMs posted on 6/30. No phone calls, nothing - very impressed!
Ditto for me. I just went to AA.com to look at something else and noticed the elite status qualification counter, showing me as 10k more EQMs than yesterday! Amazing! What's weird is there's no way to see the transaction itself, as the AA history is a little...unique.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Another data point... I still haven't gotten my silver card yet but my 5k EQM bonus has posted.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
No Silver Until August - Maybe

Called a few days ago to ask (again) about upgrading to Silver.

Told I was not eligible now, but check back next month - they are processing the chosen ones now and I may be considered for silver then...

irritating. my global entry term recently expired, willing to wait a bit longer, as the GE processing fee is a once every five years benefits of this card.

Cursory review on agent's part - believe the trouble is the 10K (or whatever) bonus rdm's applied when card renewed, at least that's what I was told on my earlier attempts to go for the silver...
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: AA PLT
Also denied 'upgrade' to silver card. I posted my experience in the other Aviator cards thread HERE
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Do they do a credit pull for the upgrade?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:08 pm

I was all excited about this thread since I haven't figured out a way to even apply for the Silver aviator card....right up until I noticed this is a new post on a thread from 20 months ago.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Got Red... upgrade to Silver?

I applied, was approved and received the RED card,

I called CSR and asked..... how do I get a Silver card? They said that from time to time they will review my account and if I qualify, they would send me an invite to get a Silver card.

i asked what were the "qualifications"? They said they do not know.

My question: Is there anything I can do to speed up this process? I have no use for the RED card and i only got the card as a path to getting a Silver card.

Originally Posted by trpt
Also denied 'upgrade' to silver card. I posted my experience in the other Aviator cards thread HERE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.