Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When Will US International Business Catering Align With AA?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Question When Will US International Business Catering Align With AA?

There have been a lot of very good changes to legacy US domestic catering to align it more with legacy AA (warm nuts, better meals, ice cream on longer flights, etc.) ^ Does anyone know when the catering on legacy US operated business class flights to Europe will be aligned with AA? Most specifically when legacy US operated international business class will finally see real Champagne again compared to the sparkling swill presently featured?
Old May 27, 2015, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no published schedule. AA makes announcements as to bits and pieces of things every couple of weeks. Sooner or later, this will follow. Whether it means cashews on US or peanuts only on AA is anybody's guess (who isn't an insider).
Old May 27, 2015, 3:19 pm

Catering is already aligned on international flights. Same menus, presentation, only difference is the wine list. Which should change when we have depleted all of the current wine stores we have.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Piedmont767
Catering is already aligned on international flights. Same menus, presentation, only difference is the wine list. Which should change when we have depleted all of the current wine stores we have.
Valiant FlyerTakers are already stepping forward to help make this occur sooner so we can go forth and meet our future.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
That's too bad. I flew PHL-BCN last month up front and the overall experience left me wanting for more. Adequate food, lousy dessert and overall underwhelming. It's sad to hear that's the new standard. AA/US has fallen behind DL.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

The US website indicates that, starting in July, the wine programs of AA and US will align and that Lanson Black Label Brut NV Champagne will now be served in International Business Class operated by US Metal. ^ Has anyone seen (or, better yet, drank) the Lanson on a US Metal flight yet?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by PremiumSeat
The US website indicates that, starting in July, the wine programs of AA and US will align and that Lanson Black Label Brut NV Champagne will now be served in International Business Class operated by US Metal. ^ Has anyone seen (or, better yet, drank) the Lanson on a US Metal flight yet?
I served it on my first international flight on in July (2nd) on LHR-CLT. Better than the $14 Presseco we used to serve...
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:45 am
Original Poster

I served it on my first international flight on in July (2nd) on LHR-CLT. Better than the $14 Presseco we used to serve...
Thanks, Piedmont767!!! I'll be flying International Business later this month and am looking forward to enjoying the return of real Champagne on US Metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.