Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA meltdown at PHX AC over premium seats

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
DYKWIA meltdown at PHX AC over premium seats

So I got a bit of a layover and here in PHX. Woman is a pmAA EXP flying on US. She has been on the phone well over an hour (tiny club so we all can enjoy here speaking loudly and angrily) over the phone.

Apparently she is in Y and in a middle seat. She is yelling at the agent because of her status she is guaranteed a Premium seat (her words - not mine). I want to jump up and yell at her because I'm tired of hearing her screeching. Those seats aren't GUARANTEED they are just available for selection (when AVAILABLE).

She is now demanding a voucher, refund, or miles for compensation. Now, I didn't miss anything with all the changes did I? Or more specifically, does US offer this guarantee? I don't know where she thinks this is available on AA because AA doesn't offer such guarantees.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Sadly, stuff like that happens all the time in PHX with pmAA Exec Plats. The sense of self entitlement is sadly extremely prevalent. I see it all the time on my visits to the Clubs in PHX.
Old May 25, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Sadly, these kinds of flyers are on every airline: confused about the benefits and expressing their frustration in a child-like manner.

Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
Sadly, stuff like that happens all the time in PHX with pmAA Exec Plats. The sense of self entitlement is sadly extremely prevalent. I see it all the time on my visits to the Clubs in PHX.
WOW. I assume you can back up your assertions with some sort of documentation or other evidence? Maybe I should start a new thread about all the pmUS elites that complain to agents at the front desk of the CLT C/D club about not getting their upgrade (something I've personally witnessed quite often)... but that wouldn't be very neighborly of me, would it?
Old May 25, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Well, I agree it happens on both sides of the fence. I am a pmAA and I don't behave like that. I was upgraded at T100 on US a few weeks back then downgraded T1 due to an equipment change. I didn't cause a ruckus even tho I lost my good seat in Y and was stuck in 39toilet. It sucked, don't get me wrong, but I DID pay for a coach seat.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I think "executive" and platinum is a bit of an oxymoron, but otoh, I felt the same about "chairman's" preferred
Old May 25, 2015, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Well screaming/making demands isn't going to change the agent's mind. I've actually had agents give me a better seat because I wasn't screaming or demanding anything. Of course, that isn't going to happen all the time but politeness to another human being sure does go a long way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.