Preferred Access Purchase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz Prez. Circle
Preferred Access Purchase

Hello,

Is it still possible to purchase preferred access when flying US Airways? I recently bought a ticket on US however the option to buy Preferred Access never appeared and clicking on the link on the US website just forwards to a page about the AAdvantage program. While on the subject, does AA allow the purchase of Priority AAccess? UA allows anyone to buy Primer Access, and it was nice having the option on US after US left Star Alliance and my *G status no longer meant anything when flying them.

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

OK, so I called the US Airways reservations line and the rep. on the phone explained that they discontinued selling Preferred Access beginning on the 1st of April. She said that she was not aware of any plans to begin selling it or anything similar anytime soon. She said she heard sales of it were very low and that it was unlikely the program will return. Oh well, I guess elites and F/J pax will be happy. UA has been selling it for years and as a 1K, I do not mind in the least. It doesn't seem like too many people buy it anyway and I don't ever really notice anyone in the Primer Access lines that does not have elite or Star Alliance status.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
AA has options for this for AA-operated flights both at the airport as as with certain types of fares that can be bought in advance: https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/boarding.jsp

Once operations are more fully merged, this will likely be an option for all flights.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phlwookie
AA has options for this for AA-operated flights both at the airport as as with certain types of fares that can be bought in advance: https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/boarding.jsp

Once operations are more fully merged, this will likely be an option for all flights.
correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that just boarding? I am not interested in priority boarding. Due to the nature of my job and travel, I always check bags, here in LAS, having access to the elite/F check-in lines and security is much more of a benefit to me than priority boarding. Does pmAA sell Priority AAccess as a package? Much like US used to and UA currently does?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by ekiserj
correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that just boarding? I am not interested in priority boarding. Due to the nature of my job and travel, I always check bags, here in LAS, having access to the elite/F check-in lines and security is much more of a benefit to me than priority boarding. Does pmAA sell Priority AAccess as a package? Much like US used to and UA currently does?
The only way I'm aware of that you can get priority check-in without earning status is through the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard (which also includes Admirals Club access and carries a $450 annual fee).

Were I in your shoes, I would probably sign up for TSA Precheck ($85 for 5 years, or do Global Entry for $100), and use Curbside Check-in (which is free, but a tip is expected). That achieves your particular goals for less than you're paying now.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: UA, AS
US Airways offered Preferred Access for a a trip I booked for a family member from PHX-OGG. I signed them up for it and they sold it to me. The flight out was last week. The return is this week. So, it's available again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.