Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Booked myself an inadvertent stopover, finally got fixed, then bags arrived damaged

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked myself an inadvertent stopover, finally got fixed, then bags arrived damaged

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Kat007
My recent reservation, made with US Airways, was messed up with time zone difference (arriving a day earlier for a connecting flight). It stated that my arrival date to SFO was 18, yet it was only 17 due to Tokyo been ahead of SFO. No changes to reservation or schedule were made. Just an error in the system and agents who didn`t notice that when booked the trip for me.

I was informed about it when checked in on a partner airline in Asia. So, instead of 6 hours of layover, I was going to have 30 hours stopover. When I arrived to SFO, I approached US A counter and, after a battle, was able to get on a flight with an empty seat in Economy. I booked First Class initially, but there was no F available on any flights. So I had about 8 hours layover and 5 hours red eye flight in Economy instead of F.

When I arrived at my destination, I picked up my two suitcases with damaged wheels. I walked to US A with a request to file a report, but an agent said that wheels were not covered and that I would be wasting my time with the report. I walked away tired and with two damaged suitcases.

I sent a message to AA (since they are the ones who are dealing with it, as prompted on US A website). I received the most bizarre responses not related to my issues. Agents wrote that they understood I disagreed with AA policies, sent me address for claims (although I googled and in fact they don`t cover damaged wheels, so it is a clear waste of my time, but ignorance on AA to brush me off with the address), and other copy/paste sentences.

At this point, I sent 5 (!) messages, and received zero related responses. Do they have robots responding to messages? Is there a way to get AA attention?
This is a continuation of the journey covered by a thread you already started, no need for a second one. I'll merge this in, and update the thread title slightly so it's clear what all is being discussed.

In future, please don't start new threads when an extant one on the topic exists. Moderators can always amend the thread title if new events warrant it.

~Moderator

Last edited by Microwave; Apr 24, 2015 at 7:11 am
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
so in your first thread a few weeks ago on the same topic, you said you booked yourself on this itinerary/stopover. and now you create a new thread in which you are blaming the airline? way to build credibility for your "cause".

btw, duplicate posting on the same topic is not permitted.
I thought this all sounded familiar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.