Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Conversion to US Airways on March 23

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:24 am
Original Poster

SPG Conversion to US Airways on March 23

I have converted some of my SPG points to someone else's US Airways account but the points have not arrived.

Such conversion would have gone through despite of unmatch names.

Do people know what may happen to the conversion given the complication of the merger?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

The miles conveted from SPG points have not posted yet. Does anyone have any idea of what to do but wait?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by tylergupku
The miles conveted from SPG points have not posted yet. Does anyone have any idea of what to do but wait?
Call SPG.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superking
Call SPG.
Thank you and I will. Did you have similar experience before?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone have experience of getting back transferred points to unmatched name's account? The points ended up in limbo because they were transferred out of the SPG account but were not received by US Airways account.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This is really something that would be best asked on the Starwood forum

The transfer described seems to be in breach of SPG transfer terms given it states

Both the Starwood Preferred Guest and airline frequent flyer program accounts must have identical member names in order to complete this request

This seems to be an SPG issue rather than a US issue - if the points failed to be delivered , hopefully SPG can get the transfer reversed
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for your kind reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.