Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Meal Question - DCA-MSY

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: US DM, UA MP
First Class Meal Question - DCA-MSY

Hello everyone! I am a little confused about meals in first class and am sure that one of you can help me out.

On Wednesday, I flew DCA to MSY in FC on an E175. After looking at the website, I was under the (perhaps mistaken?) impression that there would be a three course meal served based on the time and duration of the flight (11:35am departure).

It turns out there was one pass with the snack basket, which contained chips, etc. (no sandwiches, though).

I am wondering if I misread something, or if the advertised service was simply not provided. It strikes me as odd because when I flew from MCO to DCA in FC, which is a considerably shorter flight, there were more substantial offerings in the snack basket, but perhaps that had something to do with the fact that that was on a mainline aircraft?

I recognize this is the epitome of a first-world problem, I am just more curious than anything else!

Thanks for your help
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Montgolfiere
Hello everyone! I am a little confused about meals in first class and am sure that one of you can help me out.

On Wednesday, I flew DCA to MSY in FC on an E175. After looking at the website, I was under the (perhaps mistaken?) impression that there would be a three course meal served based on the time and duration of the flight (11:35am departure).

It turns out there was one pass with the snack basket, which contained chips, etc. (no sandwiches, though).

I am wondering if I misread something, or if the advertised service was simply not provided. It strikes me as odd because when I flew from MCO to DCA in FC, which is a considerably shorter flight, there were more substantial offerings in the snack basket, but perhaps that had something to do with the fact that that was on a mainline aircraft?

I recognize this is the epitome of a first-world problem, I am just more curious than anything else!

Thanks for your help
My guess is that your DCA-MCO flight was a mainline US or AA flight in which case you got the "official" Lite Bites snack basket which contained the sandwiches. If you flew to MSY on an E175, you were probably on US Express or AA Eagle and I don't think they have the "official" Lite Bites snack basket so it would not have included sandwiches. I don't see anything on the AA website that mentions Express/Eagle receiving Lite Bites service in F so I doubt it applies to RJ flights like the one you took.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: US DM, UA MP
Thanks PDXPremier, you are absolutely right. MCO - DCA was on a 319.

I took a look again at the relevant section on US' website, and the problem is that I automatically assumed that it applied to USX flights because it does not necessarily say that it does not (unless I am missing something).

Oh well, now I know. Thanks again!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
It actually does say on the US website that there may be variations on US Express and American Eagle flights.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
PMAA still serves meals on regional flights, PMUS, naturally, does not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.