Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
Originally Posted by 14thStreet
Same here... the 8 SWUs posted, though no 500-mile stickers.
I checked yesterday and AA showed my status updated to Plat w/ no mileage. IIRC, amalgamating the various communications from AA and US were that the stages of the merge would go Status>SWUs (for CPs becoming EXP)>Miles>status based on combined mileage>stickers (for Golds/Plats) or SWUs (for those that make EXP on combined activity). That may just be how I read various emails/blog posts, but it seems to match what people's experience has been.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
US elites have been identified as appropriate status levels on AA for a while now. On my recent AA ORD-IAH flight, I got a peek at the passenger manifest and AA had me listed as a "PLAT" on the seat chart.

FWIW, not a single person below plat was in first except the guy behind me who was scrub level but was on a paid F class ticket.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
My systemwide upgrades are now live (as is status). Miles have not transferred yet.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by Flinders
I checked yesterday and AA showed my status updated to Plat w/ no mileage. IIRC, amalgamating the various communications from AA and US were that the stages of the merge would go Status>SWUs (for CPs becoming EXP)>Miles>status based on combined mileage>stickers (for Golds/Plats) or SWUs (for those that make EXP on combined activity). That may just be how I read various emails/blog posts, but it seems to match what people's experience has been.
Thanks for this, I hadn't seen anything giving this level of detail. Much better than being in the dark!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Robertsonland
So I assume those of us who do NOT have an AAdvantage number and once we move over we will have a new number to not only memorize but also to update our reservations systems and possibly existing reservations.
Not sure how much of this is to be believed, but according to a news article

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayi...unts/70382042/

Travelers will be notified via e-mail when the process is complete on their account. Dividend Miles members without an existing American AAdvantage account will be the first to be notified, likely on Saturday, with American providing their new AAdvantage number and account balance. Those with accounts in both programs and with "elite'' frequent flier status will take longer.
Sounds like those without the AA account gets rewarded first?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
USair bonus miles not yet posted -- will they transfer later

Mrs. G and I both signed up for the Barclays/USair Mastercard 15k miles bonus challenge (with $500/mo spend) that started last Nov. We both completed the spend in Feb.2015 but bonus miles haven't posted yet.
After 28-March, what will happen? ... will the bonus show up in our Aadvantage accounts? if so, any idea when?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
USair bonus miles not yet posted -- will they transfer later

deleted
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
As an EXP you only get the SWUs. Only GLD & PLT earn 500-mile stickers.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Would Golds and Plats not get a balance of 500 milers based on the miles they flew to qualify? I thought I read that they would but could be mistaken.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Arsey00
Would Golds and Plats not get a balance of 500 milers based on the miles they flew to qualify? I thought I read that they would but could be mistaken.
We will they just haven't been issued yet. The formal conversion doesn't technically begin until tomorrow and it has been stated that the stickers may be one of the last things fixed.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:15 am
Suspended

Things are going -so- much quicker than even the most optimistic voices within AAdvantage expected, so, a little too soon for people to start questioning "why/where haven't/are my ______????" Really too soon.

The most complicated stuff was always mapped out for the weekend, when the inevitable problems will cause less disruption.

You'll definitely see some really funky conditions in your accounts before this is all completed. Stay calm.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by CO777
Just checked my AA account under "Upgrades" and my 8 SWU's are showing up from being a CP member. Go take a look!
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
My systemwide upgrades are now live (as is status). Miles have not transferred yet.
Okay, so I checked, too, and there they were -- the 8 SWUs -- which was cool ... But now here is something else I just learned as I started to "play" with them, and on the off-chance that there are other pmUS folks like me who missed the previous memos:

These babies need to be flown by 29 Feb 2016 (not applied, as per US CP certs).

I am scrambling with my calendar. Would appreciate it if someone would tell me I am wrong here.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Mar 28, 2015 at 8:08 am Reason: 2016, not 2015 -- thanks Air Houston
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
35 minutes til mileage integration....shouldn't be long before the first FTer report of their miles being merged....too bad they don't have some type of New Year's Eve ball to drop online or something....lol.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
35 minutes til mileage integration....shouldn't be long before the first FTer report of their miles being merged....too bad they don't have some type of New Year's Eve ball to drop online or something....lol.
Coming really soon. My AA account shows zero.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Okay, so I checked, too, and there they were -- the 8 SWUs -- which was cool ... But now here is something else I just learned as I started to "play" with them, and on the off-chance that there are other pmUS folks like me who missed the previous memos:

These babies need to be flown by 29 Feb 2015 (not applied, as per US CP certs).

I am scrambling with my calendar. Would appreciate it if someone would tell me I am wrong here.
Do you mean 2016?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.