Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EP
CP new SWUs in AAdvantage account

Hello

With all of the various threads on the merger, I hope this is an appropriate thread to ask this question.

Is anyone BOTH (or was) CP in DM and EP in AADVANTAGE at the time of the integration? My understanding was that as a current year CP we would get 8 SWUs in the AAdvantage program. I have not seen an additional 8 posted as of yet. I have received the "welcome we have transferred all of ur DM activity to your AAdvantage account" email.

anyone else both CP and EP and have received their SWUs or are also still waiting?

Thank you.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: WFBF
As far as I'm aware, if you were already EXP you just got your normal allocation and that was it; the max number of upgrade instruments (barring extra ones earned through beyond-threshold qualifying activity) is 10, period (8 AA SWUs good until next year, plus 2 US CP certs which expired last month if unused).
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by hginPHL
Same here. If they don't come back in a few days I'll definitely contact them too.
Mine are missing too. Thanks for the reminder to check them. Will also follow up mid week if they do not appear.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Just as a followup, and additional data point, my Million Miler balance is still off on AA.com. It was correct several days ago, but now only shows my AA miles, and does not include the 700,000ish miles that I have flown on US.

It is correct on the AA app.

Last edited by hginPHL; Apr 7, 2015 at 11:22 am Reason: Checked the app.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:12 pm

Dividend Miles Select status

Was there an intention to transfer any of the "DMS" perks to the AA account? I recently got the Barclay's US card, and with my US page showing "DMS", pricing award tickets showed a 5000 mile discount on any itinerary. Unfortunately, I was short a few thousand so couldn't book then.

Now that it's merged into AA (and I have enough miles now), there's no sign of that DMS status or 5000 mile discount. I see that AA has a different discount system, on certain city destinations in certain months only (not the one I'm booking).

Is there any point in calling to ask about the US DMS discount, or is that just gone now? Not a big deal, as the card bonus miles posted so I have enough now. Just wondering if I was missing something.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hginPHL
Just as a followup, and additional data point, my Million Miler balance is still off on AA.com. It was correct several days ago, but now only shows my AA miles, and does not include the 700,000ish miles that I have flown on US.

It is correct on the AA app.
Same here, just so you know you're not alone. I saved my "Merged Accounts" email with the balance, just in case.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Just realized that new miles added to an Aadvantage account report the true mileage instead of the minimum mileage for purposes of Million Miles status. So that 200 mile trip I just took netted me 625 AA miles (200 real plus 300 to meet the minimum miles, plus another 125 for Gold status), but my Million Miles status only incremented 200 miles. I think this would explain the gap between how many miles I thought I had flown in my lifetime with US Airways and how many have now shown up in my Aadvantage account.

So if you're doing a lot of short hops between cities in the northeast, are you just out of luck?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dml105
Just realized that new miles added to an Aadvantage account report the true mileage instead of the minimum mileage for purposes of Million Miles status. So that 200 mile trip I just took netted me 625 AA miles (200 real plus 300 to meet the minimum miles, plus another 125 for Gold status), but my Million Miles status only incremented 200 miles. I think this would explain the gap between how many miles I thought I had flown in my lifetime with US Airways and how many have now shown up in my Aadvantage account.

So if you're doing a lot of short hops between cities in the northeast, are you just out of luck?
Sadly, even before the merger AA was only giving actual flight miles for Million Miler purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.