Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Can't log into either US or AA. However, my AA app on my Android is working.

And I sent a note Friday to US for original route credit. I was told "wait til after the accounts merge and contact AA customer service. UGH!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:09 pm

Disregard

Last edited by schwimmair; Mar 29, 2015 at 7:15 pm Reason: Disregard
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Mine worked!

Lesson learned: when you sign into your account, either through usairways.com or aa.com, you must use your existing AA log-in and number--including your AA password. You can't use your old Dividend Miles login information- including your old password.

Question: what if someone never merged their AA and US accounts before this weekend's transition? Is there a way to merge them online now? And will the person get credit (for determining how many upgrade certificates or whatever they're called) for miles flown in the past, even if the accounts are merged later?

Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:08 pm

Interestingly I was able to log in with my AA number + US password.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I can't log in using either credentials. My kids' accounts merged fine (still waiting for the correct MM balance and stickers but not terribly concerned).

I changed my US password to match my AA when attempting to link them (before I realised that my birthday was the problem). So there has to be another reason.

I had read that they were starting the process with CPs and working their way down, and I extrapolated that to mean EXPs as well, but I'm now thinking that perhaps because I had no status with US, I'm last in the queue and will have to wait another day or so.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Arsey00
I can't log in using either credentials. My kids' accounts merged fine (still waiting for the correct MM balance and stickers but not terribly concerned).

I changed my US password to match my AA when attempting to link them (before I realised that my birthday was the problem). So there has to be another reason.

I had read that they were starting the process with CPs and working their way down, and I extrapolated that to mean EXPs as well, but I'm now thinking that perhaps because I had no status with US, I'm last in the queue and will have to wait another day or so.
Well, I had 2 no status accounts - one on each side that apparently, combined overnight, so I'm not sure that your accounts were not migrated yet. Maybe it's a password issue that will require some investigation. Everything is OK with the accounts I've checked.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 12261980
Interestingly I was able to log in with my AA number + US password.
Was your US account created before your AA account?

My AA account survived and US did not. I mean that my US-only user name and US-only password do not work and are "locked out". Of course, my AA username/password can optionally use my USDM number as a secondary username.

This is either random or they picked the oldest account. My AA account (survived) was relatively dormant with no status/activity although it goes back 15 years. My US account (did not survive) had status and the most data.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
My US and AA accounts are back up, but my two pending US reservations simply can't be pulled up on US. If I go to AA, however, and pull up"My Trips," they both show . . . and then send me back to the US site.

So this is somewhat significantly screwed up. I hope they fix it before it's check-in time!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:28 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
And just to add icing on the cake..my 35,000 bonus came through some time today. That was for becoming 1MM member after the miles merged.

Thanks AA!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by jaxbill
Was your US account created before your AA account?
Unfortunately I don't remember, it was a long time ago.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Shangri-La Diamond
Has anyone had any 500 miles UGs transferred yet (including those Gold/Plat)?

I was former CP (so now EXP) but the way I read the policy is that "If you were a Dividend Miles Preferred member, we'll add four 500-mile upgrades for every 10,000 Preferred qualifying miles earned from March 1, 2014 (or the date you qualified for Preferred status) through February 28, 2015 (maximum of 24)."

(link: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/AA...2015/index.jsp)

I am trying to understand if 500 mile UGs haven't been converted yet, or if they aren't going to convert for Chairman>EP.

Before anyone asks, in my mind the value of these is a) since they have no expiration date, if I ever lose EP status, it will be nice to have these in inventory b) upgrading travel companions since AA doesn't do that complimentary.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: WFBF
AA profile page now shows SWUs in my account, but all US-booked itineraries have disappeared. US Airways site doesn't show them, but US mobile app does (AA mobile app doesn't -- AA app and site only see the one AA-booked flight I have coming up).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I am able to login (for both me and my wife). Both of our US and AA accounts have merged miles correctly. However, all of our US itineraries have vanished. Website says they should show up under AA.com. I am going to wait a few days to give some time to migrate.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I am able to login (for both me and my wife). Both of our US and AA accounts have merged miles correctly. However, all of our US itineraries have vanished. Website says they should show up under AA.com. I am going to wait a few days to give some time to migrate.
As I mentioned in the post above, AA's site and app, and US' site, don't pull up my US-booked itineraries. The US app sees them, and I suspected that was because I'd entered them manually by typing in the confirmation codes to get them on the "My Trips" screen.

I just went over to US' website and manually typed in a confirmation code/date, and it pulled up the itinerary just fine, showing my info including new AA # on it. So I'm guessing that's a temporary glitch, since it's still in the system but just not being pulled up automatically on my account.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by PHL
And just to add icing on the cake..my 35,000 bonus came through some time today. That was for becoming 1MM member after the miles merged.

Thanks AA!
Ohhhh! Is that what the 35k was for??!!?? I didn't know that was coming and was afraid to ask. Thanks PHL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.