Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change policy on US award ticket after FFP merger?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I hope it's something like US rules + AA free changes + Changes allowed after travel begins.
And free ponies and ice cream for everyone.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I hope it's something like US rules + AA free changes + Changes allowed after travel begins.
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
May we also petition for UA's stopover rules and for BA's distance based program for flights less than 3k miles? That would nearly sum up my wishes.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
And there was much rejoicing..... YAY!

Actually I'm curious if DM awards booked as a nobody would be cancellable without penalty/fees once falling into my AA EXP account.?.?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dsquared37

Actually I'm curious if DM awards booked as a nobody would be cancellable without penalty/fees once falling into my AA EXP account.?.?
It looks reasonably possible as the cancellation / redeposit fee is calculated based on your status at the time of cancellation and in theory you will have a US airways status when you cancel.

May have to HUACA a couple of times.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dsquared37

I'd definitely think so.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I was between flights at one of the PHX Admirals Clubs a few weeks back, asked one of the agents an upgrade policy question, she pulled out a stack of paper with both current and pending rules. Based on this experience, I would go to the Admirals Club with any specific questions; while mileage rules may be a bit of a stretch, they seemed quite willing to share any available information.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonor Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Has anyone tried to change a US award ticket under the new AA?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I booked 2 awards (US-stopover in EU-Asia-US). My first leg on AA changed schedules and they auto rebooked me on two different time slots for this first leg. Now I want to change my:

1. First leg on both tickets so I can fly together.
2. First leg to J class, since I originally booked in Y due to availability.
3. Other legs from J to F. I had paid for F but only J was available at booking. (This may require award repricing.--I'm not sure the logic US Air used to price my initial award, but they didn't charge me the full RT F price.)

Which of the above are possible? Should I call DM or AA customer service?

I'm inclined to call AA since they allow you to move to higher class w/o fee. However, I'm concerned they will mess up my reservation originally booked by US.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: QF SG
Since the merger, has anyone been able to change a Dividend Miles award ticket after travel has commenced (assuming award availability)?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Update: I called US and got 1 & 2 from my previous post.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by bacook
Since the merger, has anyone been able to change a Dividend Miles award ticket after travel has commenced (assuming award availability)?
No.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:06 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
I still cant manage to change a Mexican AA flight booked US Dividend 9 Seector First Class Award from Coach to Business, now availability is showing, despite the journey not even started. Even offered the $150 change fee.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by UncleDude
I still cant manage to change a Mexican AA flight booked US Dividend 9 Seector First Class Award from Coach to Business, now availability is showing, despite the journey not even started. Even offered the $150 change fee.
For what reason won't / can't they change this segment?

Did you call US or asked for a US trained rep?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UncleDude
That would be in line with US policy for Divindend Miles awards
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I changed a long standing usdm award (booked before merger) from ba f to CX F as availability became available. I love how CX release seats as departure approaches.

I also changed one of the flight sectors to an earlier slot post stop over in hkg.

No charges, all ticketed and seats confirm with Cathy.

Happy. Huaca is certainly advised if the agent is not in the know or helpful. I knew I had hit the jackpot when talking to the agent who was really in the know and helpful. He acknowledged there is no real hard and fast rule and things can be worked around with the benefits of both programmes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.