Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US won't reaccommodate on other airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Originally Posted by Often1
1. All of the legacies have interline agreements and are fully capable of rebooking OA. The likelihood of getting any one individual agent on any one carrier to rebook OA is proportional to: how harried they are and other factors which do not amount to policy. Everybody has examples of both yes and no.
I had two examples of "no" and one example of "yes" today alone. The yes wasn't even in response to my prompting. I had just said, "okay, that's how it goes with weather" and I was going to take the super inconvenient re-routing. Much to my surprise the agent said, "hold on, I'll check United and Delta." I was surprised to hear her volunteer to do that. In the end I still took the US routing, but at least it's good to know that some agents can and will search other airlines for you.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:10 pm

I've never been able to get reaccommodated on other airlines by gate agents.

However, I usually can get phone agents and Concur agents to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.