Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel plans changed...keep first segment of one-way flight?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Travel plans changed...keep first segment of one-way flight?

Hi guys,

I'm hoping you can help me determine what to do. I have a one-way flight reserved from BOS, through PHL to DEN. My plans have changed and now (as a weird coincidence) I need to be in PHL for work. My original flight to PHL would be ok, but I have to check a bag (because I realize without the checked-bag I could just skip the connecting flight).

Will US reservations be willing to change my PNR to just BOS-PHL (by just removing PHL to DEN) without a fee? If not, are agents at the airport likely to change this for me? I think it would be completely crazy to have to rebook the entire reservation, but sadly I have to bring a checked bag with me and I know that's probably the thing that makes this a headache.

Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by moulder3
Hi guys,

I'm hoping you can help me determine what to do. I have a one-way flight reserved from BOS, through PHL to DEN. My plans have changed and now (as a weird coincidence) I need to be in PHL for work. My original flight to PHL would be ok, but I have to check a bag (because I realize without the checked-bag I could just skip the connecting flight).

Will US reservations be willing to change my PNR to just BOS-PHL (by just removing PHL to DEN) without a fee? If not, are agents at the airport likely to change this for me? I think it would be completely crazy to have to rebook the entire reservation, but sadly I have to bring a checked bag with me and I know that's probably the thing that makes this a headache.

Thanks for your help!
No, you will not be able to change your ticket like that, either at the phone or at the airport. As you said, you could just skip the last segment if you didn't have a checked bag. Have you considered shipping your bag separately via FedEx or UPS so you can keep the BOS-PHL flight?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:41 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by cactus47
Have you considered shipping your bag separately via FedEx or UPS so you can keep the BOS-PHL flight?
This is a great idea and probably less than the change fee + fare change.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Thanks for the help everyone! I was hoping there was a secret way to change the ticket, but I guess I'll just ship the package.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Fedex/UPS Ground will typically run $25-30 and take 2 days for a box containing what a typical suitcase would hold (presuming that you are not shipping granite blocks).

With current weather problems, do watch our for IRROPS. Your ticket is BOS-DEN and in IRROPS all US owes you is a routing to DEN, not PHL. But, I guess that if the flights to PHL are cancelled, you aren't traveling anyway and can take a full refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.