Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Extraordinary kindness and customer service from two US Airways pilots

Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

I really feel I would be remiss if I did not sing the praises of the two pilots on my recent CLT-ATL flight.

First I'll admit I was careless. I am solely responsible for my own actions and I did leave my camera on my seat (1A), although I was a bit distracted in my packing up routine in trying to help a few older passengers retrieve their luggage from the overhead lockers.

I didn't perform my post-flight bag check (I always look for MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, camera, wallet) until I got to the Plane Train and then I realized the camera was not in the bag. The phone rang from an unfamiliar number as I started back to the gate (it turned out to be the agent at the gate calling me).

When I got back, I was warmly greeted by the pilot and co-pilot, who had taken charge of the situation and somehow knew I'd be back. I couldn't thank them enough.

I should mention that this was my second US Airways flight ever (the first was the JFK CTL leg earlier that day) and it was overall an awesome flight.

Finally, I've made AA corporate aware of the great kindness and excellent customer service from the pilots and also made it the centerpiece of a review I wrote for the flight in FBT (where as some of you know, I serve as ed. dir.) (link to review below).

US Airways First Class Flight 863 Charlotte-Atlanta – Review
This is the story of a forgetful traveler, an awesome captain and first officer, and a one-hour delay, combined with a flight right before the Christmas holiday and impending major snowstorm.

Whether I am flying on business or just for fun, I am usually taking photographs and this flight was no exception. My trip started with a flight from New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport to Charlotte-Douglas International Airport – my first flight on US Airways – continuing from Charlotte to Atlanta.

All of this, however, is a footnote for the real story....

<SNIP>
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Thanks for sharing. It's always good to see people report when good things happen and not just with problems to resolve :-)
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:42 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

Similar happened to me some time ago. I left my alphanumeric pager in the front bathroom (ok, it was a while ago because who uses those any more??)

The flight attendant remembered me (was seated in F) as the last to use the bathroom. I got a call the next day from her, presumably because she was able to get my info from my travel record. She informed me she left it with airport lost and found. I picked it up the next day, and followed up with a great complimentary letter to corporate.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PHL
Similar happened to me some time ago. I left my alphanumeric pager in the front bathroom (ok, it was a while ago because who uses those any more??)
What exactly is this pager you speak of?

Originally Posted by PHL

The flight attendant remembered me (was seated in F) as the last to use the bathroom. I got a call the next day from her, presumably because she was able to get my info from my travel record. She informed me she left it with airport lost and found. I picked it up the next day, and followed up with a great complimentary letter to corporate.
Yes, indeed, this is a great illustration of excellent customer service and also basic human kindness.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.