Search

US Club renewal window shortened to 30 days

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, AA PLT, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
US Club renewal window shortened to 30 days

I was checking the US (Admirals) Club enrollment form and it now states:
New memberships and memberships that have lapsed more than 30 days are subject to a $50 new membership initiation fee.
Didn't they used to give you 6 months from your last club membership before hitting you with the $50 new membership fee? Since my previous club membership expired more than 30 days ago, I have been using my accumulated free passes for domestic flights and status for international flights. Does anyone know when they slipped in this "enhancement."
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
If you have status (which it appears you do), you can likely talk a US Club phone agent into letting you renew without the initiation fee. I'm told those folks in W-S will only be around another couple of months, though, so I wouldn't wait too long to call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.