Search

mixing low level F and Y awards? AA metal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
mixing low level F and Y awards? AA metal

I'm trying to book award seats for my wife from RNO to ORD on the nonstop on AA metal. The booking would be from her US account. I have zero knowledge of the US program rules/restrictions, so I apologize for the rookie question.

I'm having a consistent error on the website when trying to book this award. Low level awards are available in F eastbound and Y westbound, but not vice versa.

Is it impossible to book low level F and low level Y on the same award even if they are not for travel in the same one way direction?

Or is this just a website error and I will be able to book it by calling in?

To clarify, outbound on a Friday -- RNO-ORD nonstop on AA, available in low level F, but not low level Y
Return on a Sunday, ORD-RNO nonstop available in low level Y but not low level F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.