Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights that don't touch a hub

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by bkafrick
They switched to a CRJ-200, but now only have 2x daily flights, instead of 3x on key dates (Monday and Friday used to have 3x, I believe). The BOS-SYR afternoon flights were around 3pm, and 7:30pm, and now its only one flight around 6pm. Both my recently BOS-SYR flight afternoon flights have had all 50 seats taken. Makes sense when you take two 35-seat routes, and stuff them into a 50-seat plane.
I wonder if BOS-MDT will be upgauged to a CR2. Right now it's 1x daily Dash-8, used to be 2x daily on some days. Flight times cater to the Boston originating business traveler, when it was 2x daily there was a morning and evening flight.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I'm actually toying with the idea of flying through BOS to get home from BUF after a conference. The n/s BUF-DCA isn't until 5:00 pm and I'd rather get home. I guess I could hang out at the BUF Admirals's club for four hours....

Anyhow, is there anything special or onerous about connecting at BOS? This would be going from an Air Whiskey CRJ to a Shuttle flight.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I'm actually toying with the idea of flying through BOS to get home from BUF after a conference. The n/s BUF-DCA isn't until 5:00 pm and I'd rather get home. I guess I could hang out at the BUF Admirals's club for four hours....

Anyhow, is there anything special or onerous about connecting at BOS? This would be going from an Air Whiskey CRJ to a Shuttle flight.
Not at all. They are on different piers on the same side of terminal B, but it's a short walk and they're connected airside. A very easy connection.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
There's the AA seasonal BOS-CDG
There must be a lot of O&D on that route.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyallegheny
There must be a lot of O&D on that route.
Not only is there a substantial amount of O&D traffic between Boston and Paris in the summer, but the flight carries a substantial number of LAX passengers as well (as LAX is the lone hub without a flight to CDG).
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Not only is there a substantial amount of O&D traffic between Boston and Paris in the summer, but the flight carries a substantial number of LAX passengers as well (as LAX is the lone hub without a flight to CDG).
Now that's miserable, especially in Y - LAX-BOS in a 737/757 connecting to a 757 to Paris
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by FWAAA
That's interesting, I'd expect folks would prefer a shorter domestic segment, say to DFW or ORD instead. But I guess they might be pricing it to fill the BOS flight.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Now that's miserable, especially in Y - LAX-BOS in a 737/757 connecting to a 757 to Paris
I had a LAX-BOS redeye where someone else was flying HNL-LAX-BOS (on the redeye LAX-BOS) then AA BOS-LHR back when it was still flying that route, all three flights on 757s. THAT'S miserable!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Obviously red-eyes are never fun. But i wonder if a longer redeye is actually better than a shorter one. LAX-BOS is a good 500 miles longer than LAX-CLT.

I find red eyes into CLT to be pure torture given that, with the right wind conditions, you are talking a flight that is, at best, four hours in the air.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Obviously red-eyes are never fun. But i wonder if a longer redeye is actually better than a shorter one. LAX-BOS is a good 500 miles longer than LAX-CLT.

I find red eyes into CLT to be pure torture given that, with the right wind conditions, you are talking a flight that is, at best, four hours in the air.

LAX-CLT is child's play when comparing it to US 467 PHX(10:59PM)-STL(3:48AM).

There are also some late night (super early morning?) departure from LAS to DFW/IAH which are much shorter than LAX-CLT
Old May 3, 2015, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by wanymayold
LAX-CLT is child's play when comparing it to US 467 PHX(10:59PM)-STL(3:48AM).
I didn't know that route existed until this week when I was looking for a redeye PHX-CLT and it brought up the STL connection. I was shocked at it.

Off topic:
Originally Posted by wanymayold
There are also some late night (super early morning?) departure from LAS to DFW/IAH which are much shorter than LAX-CLT
In ~2010 when one of the travel agencies (Expedia?) had a $300 off of a "Vegas vacation" (flight to/from LAS, plus a hotel), I did 16 IAH-LAS-IAH flights in the first 22 days of December! I got the ~530PM-7PM IAH-LAS with dinner, went to the Best Western for a nap & shower (if I didn't shower at IAH PC on the way out), then back to LAS for the redeye to IAH. If necessary, I got a quick shower to wake-up and breakfast in the PC & then drove to work 30 mins north of IAH. I didn't pay out-of-pocket for anything except overnight parking at IAH, which was probably cheaper than dinner/breakfast/hot water/etc that I'd have been paying at home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.