Seats mobile app??

Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Seats mobile app??

Hi folks- was trying on my iPhone today to look at us air flights and all I could get to was the flight times and not seat availability.... What is the easiest mobile app you recommend for this?
Thanks so much!!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:47 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to US Air Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

ok, I was hoping for a general recommendation, not just specific to us air
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:08 am
Original Poster

So what apps do you use to see what seats are available on a flight you're interested in?
Thank you
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by nlkm9
So what apps do you use to see what seats are available on a flight you're interested in?
Thank you
If you use mobile.usairways.com (the mobile web site), it will show available seats after you put in your personal information, but before you purchase the ticket. If you are logged in, you can skip entering the personal information.

I would note (as has been discussed ad nauseum on FT) that seat maps are often not a good indicator of seat availability. Thus, I would not really base my flight booking decision on the seat map anyway, but rather choose based on schedule and price. Are you looking for preferred seats or upgrades? Preferred seats usually open up as upgrades are processed. If you are looking for upgrades, I would suggest ExpertFlyer as the first class seat map is also frequently unreliable.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Honestly, I often get to fly home earlier than im booked and am looking for aisle seats- thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.