Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Lifetime Miles [how can I find out mine?]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
The AA website now lists both "Program-to-date miles" and "Million Miler balance"
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Does anyone know how US calculated lifetime miles? Do partner flights count? the amount that transferred from my US to AA account seems very, very low even for BIS miles.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:48 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by ronotg
Does anyone know what counts toward US Div. lifetime miles? Is it only actual miles flown (BIS)?
I am asking this because my AA lifetime miles are 700k, and my US Div miles are only 110k. I have flown a heck of a lot more on US than AA!

It suggests that AA lifetime miles include more than just BIS miles.

Thanks
AA included all types of mileage earning up until 2011. Then it changed to only count miles flown on AA towards MM. This means any points you earned in AA with credit cards, hotel stays, transfers, purchases, etc. all counted.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Organgrinder
Does anyone know how US calculated lifetime miles? Do partner flights count? the amount that transferred from my US to AA account seems very, very low even for BIS miles.
US Airways, US Airways Express, and US Airways Shuttle only. BIS miles, though I believe it included minimum mileages per segment.

No class-of-service bonuses, elite bonus miles, miles earned from partners, bonuses, promotions, credit cards, or anything else.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks CPRich
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:10 pm

If I recall correctly, the US million miler program only started around 2010/2011. Did they only count qualifying activity from that date, or did they go back in time?

The reason I'm asking is that the email I received from AA lists a US million miler balance that roughly matches what I'd expect if it's only US activity in the last few years but would be too low if it's supposed to include earlier activity, too. The MM balance on the aa site hasn't been updated with the US activity for me yet so I cannot cross-check the email information against the actual posting.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It went back to the beginning of your membership. Many of us here were charter members - over 1M at the time the program launched (I still have my letter telling me how special I am)

If it were 1M since the start of the MM program, there would be very, very few members in just 4 years.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:00 pm

So, my MM balance with US had been all the flight activities in 2015 and I had about 60K flown miles... However, this has yet been reflected in my AA account... I hope they manage to reflect this sometime soon..
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by brahms77
So, my MM balance with US had been all the flight activities in 2015 and I had about 60K flown miles... However, this has yet been reflected in my AA account... I hope they manage to reflect this sometime soon..
Hm, that's interesting. The lifetime miles flown # that US Airways told me (via email) is now merged into my AA Million Miler balance. I don't know why that wouldn't be the case for everybody.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brahms77
Did you have MM activity prior to 2015 that did carry over?

My AA MM balance has been updated, but it doesn't match the math I was expecting. Leaving out 2015 activity seems pretty close to the gap I've identified.

I seem to recall discussion that obtaining your US balance involved an agent looking up the balance at the end of the year, and then manually adding your activity from monthly statements since then. Perhaps they only carried over the last end-of-year data. If so, I'm hoping they plan to catch up.

I'm emailing to find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.