Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways MasterCard 50K (now expired) offer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:00 pm

Just applied.

Got accepted for the personal card (50K)!!! Yay!

Also applied for business card (25K), "under review"

More details for others (re my credit history) posted in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...waived-58.html

I apologize for not finding the proper thread. I often find that a challenge in these forums, as much as I love them.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT
datapoint - just approved for the new 50k personal card offer (without the 10,000 anniversary bonus). I have TWO of these personal cards currently open. One opened in Mar 2013 the other in Nov 2013. I did not get instant approval, but waited about 48 hrs and was approved. Did not call cust svc, just kept refreshing the webpage to check my status. I was approved with a sizable credit line for cards 1 and 3 while the second card has a pretty small credit line.

So yes, you can have 3 USAir cards open simultaneously and get the signup bonus for each. YMMV, natch.

Also, earlier this year I was targeted for the 15k after $500 spend in 3 successive months offer on the 2nd card. It was the 2nd time I was targeted for that offer on the second card and that card has barely been open a year. At the time, I thought maybe it was a fire sale on dividend miles before the merger and am only more convinced of it now that they just gave me another 50k on a third app in less than two years.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
According to an e-mail received earlier today, I've been approved for the personal card offer. The new card is supposed to arrive in about a week.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:06 am

Hi i'm a non-us resident but I pay US taxes and have an ITIN but NO social. I managed to get on transunion / experion with my ITIN and have a fico score of 760. i and hold amex starwood, citi AA, chase preferred and chase british airways card linked to this itin.

i've hit an issue with barclays i have been approved via reconsideration with barclays us airways card but when I called back after not receiving the card they said they can't issue it to me without a social (they have picked up my number is an ITIN).

is there anyway around this, does anyone have recommendations?

thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Just got approved for 25k CL, when I logged in there was an offer for a $25 statement credit for signing up for paperless. 50,000 miles for $64, not bad.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Got the 40K card last month and got approved for another 10K after I sent an SM. I might try for another card to get 50K again if I can manage to get a US-Europe business award with a stopover in Hong Kong on the return for 100,000 miles instead of 110,000 since I would be 10,000 short doing a US-Asia award.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
Thanks for the heads-up on the paperless statement credit. I had originally enrolled paperless, went back to paper statements yesterday, and got the $25 statement credit offer when I logged in to the account today.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:24 pm

I was approved for the 50k offer.. Here's my question.. Once I get the points in my account and book with miles for say, October 2015 (but book BEFORE Q2 2015) - I won't run into any issues, will I?

Thanks, and sorry if it's a stupid question..
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:54 pm

Aside from possible schedule changes, which could happen even without a merger, the main thing I can think of is that your US confirmation code might be replaced with an AA code, and it will be good to know the new code.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by Will 82
I was approved for the 50k offer.. Here's my question.. Once I get the points in my account and book with miles for say, October 2015 (but book BEFORE Q2 2015) - I won't run into any issues, will I?

Thanks, and sorry if it's a stupid question..
It's not a stupid question, but I see no reason why you would have any problems. When to book depends on lots of factors, but you may wish to take into consideration the differences in rules between the US program and the AA program. Depending on your specific plans, you might find it preferable to book while the US program still exists or you might find it preferable to wait until the two programs merge and you can redeem your miles under AA's rules.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:47 am
cwu

To those that have multiple versions of the card, are you using the same Name/Address/SS#?

How soon can you apply for the 2nd card?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:18 pm

Any word on what will happen to this card post merger? I'm curious if the benefits like one free checked bag will transfer to American.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:00 pm

Silly question but after getting approved, how do I use it? I've never had a "miles" card.

What's 50k miles worth?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
Any word on what will happen to this card post merger? I'm curious if the benefits like one free checked bag will transfer to American.
Since the Citi AA card has the same benefit, I don't see why not. The only question would be about any benefits that the Barclays US card has which the Citi AA card does not.

Please keep in mind that is a thread about a particular signup offer. There is a separate thread here about changes coming to these Barclays US cards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...astercard.html
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The.walker
Silly question but after getting approved, how do I use it? I've never had a "miles" card.

What's 50k miles worth?
Not the right thread for discussing this at length, but in short: 50k miles can get you a coach seat on any domestic (non-Hawaii) round trip pretty much as long as there's a seat left for sale (unless it's oversold). 50k miles can get you two "restricted availability" domestic coach round trips. 50k miles can get you one "restricted availability" domestic first/business class round trip. About 50k miles (the exact amount depends on time of year and exact destination) can get you one "restricted availbility" US<->Europe or US<->Japan, among other international destinations.

[Once one-way awards are available next year:] About 50k miles can get you a coash seat on any US/AA-metal flight US->Europe or US->Japan one way pretty much as long as there's a seat left for sale (unless it's oversold). 50k miles can get you one "restricted availability" business class seat one way US->Europe or US->Japan (among other international destinations).

So you can see that the minimum is probably many hundreds of dollars, and in some situations in may be well over a thousand dollars. But since many of those best-value redemptions involve "restricted availability", you have to learn all about that (which this is not the right thread for).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.