Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Above and Beyind" Certificates for Exceptional Service

Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Can pmAA employees benefit from A+Bs or just pmUS? Or did the certificate programs from both merge together as well? I have a bunch of pmAA routes in the near future.
All of us have a bunch of AA flights in our future (after 16 October); the truly good news for AA and US employees is that the new AA has adopted US Airways' "Above and Beyond" employee recognition program for all.

The program, which is changing name from AA's less well received "Round of Applause" program that allowed winners of monthly drawings to earn 25,000 AAdvantage miles (and pay the Federal taxes due on contest winnings at AA's valuation of 25,000 miles) has transitioned into the more familiar "Above and Beyond" legacy US Airways program.

"AA has adopted the US Air(ways) program so the drawings, which used to be monthly, are now quarterly. The drawings used to be for 25k miles but now it is various monetary sums...."
  • 10 employees $10,000 each
  • 100 employees $1,000 each
  • 250 employees $250 each
Verified and originally posted by sukn and NovaEngr.
Now that AA's "Round of Applause" employee recognition certificate program has been merged into and been superseded by the U.S. "Above and Beyond" employee recognition certificate program, please follow the current discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html, in the American Airlines | AAdvantage Combined Airline and Program forum.

We'll not want to lose the valuable information herein, so we'll merge this thread into the Combined one soon.

Active thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

Thank you,

/AA Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Above and Beyond Certificates (now AA & US - see Combined forum)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EP; UA 2P; Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hertz PC
I still have some A&B certs and I give them out when the service is above average which is probably a few times a month.

Does anyone know if they will continue this program and if not, when it will end. I'd rather not give one out ad find they are not active anymore.

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by 900at
I still have some A&B certs and I give them out when the service is above average which is probably a few times a month.

Does anyone know if they will continue this program and if not, when it will end. I'd rather not give one out ad find they are not active anymore.

Thanks
They are continuing the program with some changes - I got a stack of cards saying something along the lines of "In recognition of outstanding service excellence" which were preprinted with my name and AAdv number. It has a code for the employee to log in online and redeem electronically, though the address on the card is still the old address from the US program. So I'm guessing they ported the US program forward to use for the combined airline.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I gave out an A&B (old variety) today and specifically asked if they were still valid. The FA said yes and she really appreciated receiving it.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by apeortdz
I gave out an A&B (old variety) today and specifically asked if they were still valid. The FA said yes and she really appreciated receiving it.
I hope that's true. I've been on a run of really good FA's in/out of PHX the past couple of months and continue to hand them out. While the FAs have all been appreciative, I really do hope they mean something for them.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I have a bunch of both US A&B and AA Applause!. I'm traveling US this weekend and will see if the FAs have a preference.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:32 am

I'm guessing you received you AA "good service" certs with your AA status card. I've made Platinum this year and will soon be Exec Plat. Got the "thank you" e-mail but no cards yet. Address in the profile is correct. At some point I'll probably call.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 3737cl
I'm guessing you received you AA "good service" certs with your AA status card. I've made Platinum this year and will soon be Exec Plat. Got the "thank you" e-mail but no cards yet. Address in the profile is correct. At some point I'll probably call.
Made Platinum myself - actually was Platinum at the 'change' and requalified about two months ago - and am on my way to ExP too. I finally received my card (quite ugly I might add) in the mail on Friday.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:34 am

Yep, I've been Platinum since the merger of accounts and just received my card and the new coupons on Friday. Funny, I'll be PE the end of next week. I'm curious when that card will arrive ;-)

I'll make sure I carry both, ask if the A&B's are valid and make sure they get the active ones.

I get the most enjoyment out of the reaction when I hand them over. It sure is nice to do something special.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:20 pm

Handed one out in the club on Sunday and the agent told me they were notified that the US A&B certs were valid until 31-Dec this year. After that we need to use the AA certs.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
Can pmAA employees benefit from A+Bs or just pmUS? Or did the certificate programs from both merge together as well? I have a bunch of pmAA routes in the near future.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
All of us have a bunch of AA flights in our future (after 16 October); the truly good news for AA and US employees is that the new AA has adopted US Airways' "Above and Beyond" employee recognition program for all.

The program, which is changing name from AA's less well received "Round of Applause" program that allowed winners of monthly drawings to earn 25,000 AAdvantage miles (and pay the Federal taxes due on contest winnings at AA's valuation of 25,000 miles) has transitioned into the more familiar "Above and Beyond" legacy US Airways program.

"AA has adopted the US Air(ways) program so the drawings, which used to be monthly, are now quarterly. The drawings used to be for 25k miles but now it is various monetary sums...."
  • 10 employees $10,000 each
  • 100 employees $1,000 each
  • 250 employees $250 each
Verified and originally posted by sukn and NovaEngr.
Now that AA's "Round of Applause" employee recognition certificate program has been merged into and been superseded by the U.S. "Above and Beyond" employee recognition certificate program, please follow the current discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html, in the American Airlines | AAdvantage Combined Airline and Program forum.

We'll not want to lose the valuable information herein, so we'll merge this thread into the Combined one soon.

Active thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

Thank you,

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 16, 2015 at 9:09 am
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: free agent
Was on a US-operated flight yesterday and I asked the awesome PHX-based FA which she'd prefer: an A&B or one of the new AA certificates (because I had both)

She said the AA one, quote "because we were told the old US ones are obsolete"

She was very appreciative; she did a great job. Best FA in a long while.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Was on a US-operated flight yesterday and I asked the awesome PHX-based FA which she'd prefer: an A&B or one of the new AA certificates (because I had both)

She said the AA one, quote "because we were told the old US ones are obsolete"

She was very appreciative; she did a great job. Best FA in a long while.
Aww, I have a bunch of US ones. Got the new AA ones, but I want use the US ones first. I usually give them away like candy, haven't been very faithful with US AA lately. Last time I gave 2 were at LAX. 1 at the AC, where the bartender poured me a shot, more like a cup. Then I proceeded through the tunnel to US terminal and found out I was upgraded, gave another to the GA , apparently he was calling my name to give my new boarding pass. Then proceeded to throw up my vodka in PHL AC in terminal 5(?).

Last edited by hiima; Aug 17, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I can't believe the U.S. certs are obsolete! (Seriously, I can't, until we have official word.)

Do the A&B certs have 12 digits for draws entry? I wonder if there is potential duplication.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by JDiver
I can't believe the U.S. certs are obsolete! (Seriously, I can't, until we have official word.)

Do the A&B certs have 12 digits for draws entry? I wonder if there is potential duplication.
If they are "obsolete", I don't expect them to truly be obsolete until US flights all become AA, at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.