Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Using US Dividend Miles for NON-Oneworld Award Flights

Non-Oneworld Partner Award Chart: Here is the award chart for non-Oneworld partner award tickets using US Dividend Miles (PDF): Dividend Miles Partner Award Chart

Non OneWorld partners of US:

• HA - Hawaiian Airlines (inter-island and South Pacific flights only)
  • 9W - Jet Airways

--> Flights of these airlines can only be combined with US flights.
--> NO combination between these airlines and any AA flights or flights of OW partners!

Previous Non OneWorld carriers - not bookable anymore!
Print Wikipost

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jamar
Just wondering about award space on BR- is there ever a situation where one can see award space show up when searching from a Star partner (say, UA) but US can't see it? I'm trying to book SEA-TPE-PVG and twice the agent says they can see that SEA-TPE exists but that there's no space when UA's site shows two seats open for the dates I want.
I just booked round trip JFK to Hanoi via TPE on BR J, found the seats on UA, US booked them seamlessly.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Just wondering about award space on BR- is there ever a situation where one can see award space show up when searching from a Star partner (say, UA) but US can't see it? I'm trying to book SEA-TPE-PVG and twice the agent says they can see that SEA-TPE exists but that there's no space when UA's site shows two seats open for the dates I want.
The flight departs at 0150. It could be that they need to search the day before to pull up the inventory - this is a well known US issue for flights departing soon after midnight. I'm not sure that nearly 2AM still counts but worth a try.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
The flight departs at 0150. It could be that they need to search the day before to pull up the inventory - this is a well known US issue for flights departing soon after midnight. I'm not sure that nearly 2AM still counts but worth a try.
I just tried three more agents, none of them could pull it up. If anyone wants to try it for themselves, there's supposed to be a J seat available outbound on the 11th at 0150 according to UA but according to US there's nothing between the 9th and the 13th.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
I just tried three more agents, none of them could pull it up. If anyone wants to try it for themselves, there's supposed to be a J seat available outbound on the 11th at 0150 according to UA but according to US there's nothing between the 9th and the 13th.
Assuming you're talking about May, here is what ANA shows. Are you talking about May...because the departure time shows as 0210 not 0150.

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.6/Diamond - Awards/StarAlliance-7D]
Code:
SEA  Seattle Metro / Seattle/Tacoma Intl WA US = SEA BFI [KSEA]
TPE  Taipei Metro / Taiwan Taoyuan Intl TW = TPE TSA [RCTP]
FRI  09 May 2014 (09 May 2014 - 15 May 2014) | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
BR         25      SEA   02:10     TPE   05:30 +1  744  0
BR         25      SEA   02:10 +1  TPE   05:30 +2  ***  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
BR         25      SEA   02:10 +2  TPE   05:30 +3  ***  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
BR         25      SEA   02:10 +3  TPE   05:30 +4  ***  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
BR         25      SEA   02:10 +4  TPE   05:30 +5  ***  0
BR         25      SEA   02:10 +5  TPE   05:30 +6  ***  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
BR         25      SEA   02:10 +6  TPE   05:30 +7  ***  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
So assuming it was the 'day before' problem they should've found seats anyway.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
This is why I wish we could book it all from the website. It's frustrating to see that it's there plain as day and multiple agents all telling me there's nothing.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
I was trying to book an award last night using BR on the JFK-TPE flight, no dice with a very good agent even though avilability was shown by KVS. Even after bringing up the early morning departure problem. Ended up booking a OneWorld award instead.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
This is why I wish we could book it all from the website. It's frustrating to see that it's there plain as day and multiple agents all telling me there's nothing.
Even if there was an online booking tool, it would be connected to US shares programme and would give you the same answer the CC rep do...
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
turkish business class blocked?

I've been searching for Business class availability on Turkish Airlines from ORD, IAD, and JFK all to IST. It seems that there is no availability for 2 seats on any date from Dec '14 to March '15.

Any guesses as to why they aren't releasing any award space?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Where are you looking to find (not find this)? I ask because you've posted in the US forum and US is now OW, not *A.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:17 pm

I am under the impression that USAirways still has access to Turkish award availability for the time being. I'm searching on United and ANA and finding plenty of economy availability but zero business class space.

I posted in this forum because I'm using USAirways miles, and I posted in the Turkish Airlines forum because I figured that would draw an entirely different audience.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Turkish is still a partner. But, it's not in OW. The instructions specifically require you to call US.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Turkish is still a partner. But, it's not in OW. The instructions specifically require you to call US.
Once I find space on Turkish, I realize that I will have to call in to USAirways to book the flights. My problem is that I can't even find any space... none whatsoever. Turkish used to release lots of Business class award space, which is why I wanted to see if anyone else had come across this problem.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Because these are not OW, but rather partner bookings, you need to start with US. Forget what Turkish does or does not do.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Because these are not OW, but rather partner bookings, you need to start with US. Forget what Turkish does or does not do.
I don't think we're on the same page here. Thanks for trying to help though.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Turkish airlines award avaibility to its partner dried out a couple years ago, i think when they killed around the same time they pulled out their First Class. Ever since I have found that C space released to partners has been very little if any especially on the Long haul routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.