Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Using US Dividend Miles for NON-Oneworld Award Flights

Non-Oneworld Partner Award Chart: Here is the award chart for non-Oneworld partner award tickets using US Dividend Miles (PDF): Dividend Miles Partner Award Chart

Non OneWorld partners of US:

• HA - Hawaiian Airlines (inter-island and South Pacific flights only)
  • 9W - Jet Airways

--> Flights of these airlines can only be combined with US flights.
--> NO combination between these airlines and any AA flights or flights of OW partners!

Previous Non OneWorld carriers - not bookable anymore!
Print Wikipost

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
I just noticed on their website the following: "Our partnership with South African will end on January 16, 2015. You can request retroactive credit through February 28, 2015 for South African flights flown before January 16, 2015."

does this mean no more redeeming miles for awards on South African as well?
I just applied for a US Airways card before it goes away am wondering about this too.

Has anyone tried using miles to book on South African post Jan 16?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by fishniw
I just applied for a US Airways card before it goes away am wondering about this too.

Has anyone tried using miles to book on South African post Jan 16?
Read the wiki at the top of the thread.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Read the wiki at the top of the thread.
ha, perfect thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:33 am

Turkish flight change

I have DM award flights on US/TK/TK booked pre Turkish break-up. TK34 has been rescheduled later causing a very tight (if not impossible) 50 minute international to domestic connection in IST. US air agent says they cannot do anything since TK flights are no longer accessible. They can cancel the entire itinerary and refund.

While I'm happy to have the "Free" cancellation option, I'd prefer to fix this with a changed flight. (The return flight is ideal on US and they don't offer one way awards).

Any idea what words to say to US agent? Is there a way for them to contact TK? Should I call TK directly?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
I have DM award flights on US/TK/TK booked pre Turkish break-up. TK34 has been rescheduled later causing a very tight (if not impossible) 50 minute international to domestic connection in IST. US air agent says they cannot do anything since TK flights are no longer accessible. They can cancel the entire itinerary and refund.

While I'm happy to have the "Free" cancellation option, I'd prefer to fix this with a changed flight. (The return flight is ideal on US and they don't offer one way awards).

Any idea what words to say to US agent? Is there a way for them to contact TK? Should I call TK directly?
US can't do anything for you - with the TK relationship over - they have no access to the TK inventory anymore - and TK often doesn't release many awards to partners and leaves those seats for their own members.

You have only 1 choice left should you choose to take it - leave the itinerary as is and hope you make the 50-minute connection - it's certainly doable in my opinion. If for some reason you miss it - Turkish has to reaccommodate you on the next flight, which I'm assuming is what you're trying to change to.

But once the relationship is over and the inventory is not accessible, US can't do anything for even if it's the other carrier's fault.

If you don't wanna risk it - take the refund and book something else.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Does anyone have any idea what to expect in case of IRROPS for one of these bookings, especially since AA is about to absorb US?

I've got in a couple week a PNR that (somewhat due to schedule changes) includes segments on US, AA, and SA. If something happens to the SA segments, will SA rebook us via their *A partners, or will they throw their hands up and tell US/AA to figure it out via their OW partners? Just want to prepare if there's issues who should theoretically be responsible.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Does anyone have any idea what to expect in case of IRROPS for one of these bookings, especially since AA is about to absorb US?

I've got in a couple week a PNR that (somewhat due to schedule changes) includes segments on US, AA, and SA. If something happens to the SA segments, will SA rebook us via their *A partners, or will they throw their hands up and tell US/AA to figure it out via their OW partners? Just want to prepare if there's issues who should theoretically be responsible.
IRROPS on the day (or very close in to departure) and SA will be responsible for getting you to your destination. this could be on star partners, or oneworld or skyteam.

if there is a major schedule change or cancellation with sufficient notice, you'll more than likely need to contact AA/US. re-routing may be subject to award availability.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:43 am

Conclusion of US/TK debacle: I called TK for seat assignments - yes, I should have done this long ago - and found that US never properly made TK reservations. I have one US PNR that is booked, and another (made with different USDM account) not properly booked with TK. Best choice was to cancel both and redeposit (no fee).

In the end I decided perfectly timed economy flights on LH (UA award) was better than struggling for an out of the way and extra long business TATL involving LHR on OW. Might as well fly CX F to SE Asia with those Dividend Miles anyway!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.