Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Using US Dividend Miles for NON-Oneworld Award Flights

Non-Oneworld Partner Award Chart: Here is the award chart for non-Oneworld partner award tickets using US Dividend Miles (PDF): Dividend Miles Partner Award Chart

Non OneWorld partners of US:

• HA - Hawaiian Airlines (inter-island and South Pacific flights only)
  • 9W - Jet Airways

--> Flights of these airlines can only be combined with US flights.
--> NO combination between these airlines and any AA flights or flights of OW partners!

Previous Non OneWorld carriers - not bookable anymore!
Print Wikipost

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
One thing that there is no mention of either way in the US non-OW partners award chart or on the web site is, can US and/or AA flights (i.e., domestic connections) be used in conjunction with these non-OW airlines.

Does anyone know either way? (Through having made, or attempted to make, a booking.)

If it can be used together with US and AA flights for domestic connections, then it still has some potential. But if not and it's only one or more of those airlines, withOUT any US or AA flights allowed, then, however, it is severely limiting.

*When this is known, would be also a good idea to update the wiki to reflect that.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
I would say a combination with US flights should be possible... But not with AA... Same as it was since 07JAN14...
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Are the dates mentioned in the wiki the last days to travel or to book?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by elva
Are the dates mentioned in the wiki the last days to travel or to book?
Last days to book. I'm planning to book Eva travel before the May deadline for travel in early 2015.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
I would say a combination with US flights should be possible... But not with AA... Same as it was since 07JAN14...
That is what I was thinking too it is...may be. But, even US isn't mentioned in the eligible airlines list there.

And there's two ways to look at it:
* AA = US, so if allowed with US, should be also allowed with AA
* now US is in OW, before it was combinable with US as it wasn't in OW, so now may be no longer possible to combine with US now that it's in OW (and on the contrary, if it can be combined with US who is now OW, then why not AA, as AA = US?)
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
Sorry, would just like to clarify what I said - I thought it's about mixing OW and partner flights. You can definitely mix non-OW partners. Just did it yesterday, and even had an impossible routing that got through...
You can't mix OW and non-OW, except for US Airways.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by 1353513636
You can't mix OW and non-OW, except for US Airways.
Definitely you couldn't mix OW and non-OW... The question was whether you can mix non-OW flights (BR+SQ+CA+etc.), which you certainly can...
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
Definitely you couldn't mix OW and non-OW... The question was whether you can mix non-OW flights (BR+SQ+CA+etc.), which you certainly can...
But if you can't mix non-OW and OW, then that means that now you can't mix US flights with these other partners also?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Great thread - feel free to berate me if this is too far off award travel. I have a trip booked in coach on Air China (JFK-PEK-onward) - would I be able to upgrade using US miles?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by EDnearJQF
Great thread - feel free to berate me if this is too far off award travel. I have a trip booked in coach on Air China (JFK-PEK-onward) - would I be able to upgrade using US miles?
no.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by RealHJ
But if you can't mix non-OW and OW, then that means that now you can't mix US flights with these other partners also?
Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that you can book non-OW+US... Just US, and not other OW flights.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hilton G/SPG G/IHG RA/Accor P/Aeroplan Elite/CZ S
need a little help here: )
I was trying to check an itinarary with no OW partners involved.

YVR-(BR)-TPE-(BR)-HKG HKG-(CA)-YVR

I've checked availabilities on aeroplan.com and everything seemed ok, but the US agent said he was not be able to see it. How should I check non-OW partners' availabilities correctly after Mar 31? Plz forgive me if the question sounds stupid.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by cdegt

I've checked availabilities on aeroplan.com and everything seemed ok, but the US agent said he was not be able to see it. How should I check non-OW partners' availabilities correctly after Mar 31? Plz forgive me if the question sounds stupid.
(CA) Air China doesn't fly Hong Kong to Vancouver. AC (Air Canada) does, and USDM doesn't partner with them anymore. That's prbably why the USDM agent can't see it.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by yerffej201
(CA) Air China doesn't fly Hong Kong to Vancouver. AC (Air Canada) does, and USDM doesn't partner with them anymore. That's prbably why the USDM agent can't see it.
Originally Posted by cdegt

Why don't you try YVR-TPE-HKG-TPE-YVR.

Shouldn't be an issue as this is pretty much as direct as you can go.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: Hilton G/SPG G/IHG RA/Accor P/Aeroplan Elite/CZ S
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I'll fly CA from HKG via PEK, CA has a direct service from PEK to YVR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.