Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways BoA Visa changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 5:26 am
Original Poster

US Airways BoA Visa changes

I checked my Bank of America accounts this morning and saw that my US Airways Visa was just listed as a regular Visa with a different final four numbers! All the purchases and payments were still in the detail. I called card services and they assured me that it was still a US Airways card with all the previous benefits -- however it's being converted to a US/AA card with a new account number. The old card and account number/CVV should continue working until I activate my new card which should arrive in mid-April.

A little heads-up would have been nice....
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by mkole
I checked my Bank of America accounts this morning and saw that my US Airways Visa was just listed as a regular Visa with a different final four numbers!
Ditto for my account.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As OP was told, changing an account # isn't changing an account. Presumably, the new card will arrive with an explanation and the old # continues to work until the new one is activated. OP can, of course, close the account if the new arrangement is unsatisfactory. I suspect that few will do so.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Often1
As OP was told, changing an account # isn't changing an account. Presumably, the new card will arrive with an explanation and the old # continues to work until the new one is activated. OP can, of course, close the account if the new arrangement is unsatisfactory. I suspect that few will do so.
Thanks for your usual obvious, unnecessary post about a subject. The OP was just giving a heads-up about the card.

Last edited by planeluvr; Mar 18, 2014 at 2:15 pm
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Originally Posted by planeluvr
Ditto for my account.
Hmm - interesting. Mine is unchanged - it still says "US Airways Signature Visa," with the same last four digits.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I noticed mine changed online yesterday, as well, to a generic card pic and new number. That told me changes were afoot, didn't have time to call. My card is up for renewal in June, if it stays branded US/AA with same benefits I'll keep it, if not it's history.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:42 pm

Hmm, today my online account has reverted back to my current number and the standard US Airways Visa pic. Interesting. Perhaps someone at BOA jumped the gun?

Last edited by Sabre1; Mar 19, 2014 at 7:57 am
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Sabre1
Hmm, today mine online account has reverted back to my current number and the standard US Airways Visa pic. Interesting. Perhaps someone at BOA jumped the gun?
Just checked again and mine has reverted back to US BOA Visa with old number.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Wow, me too - yesterday had a new 4 digits and now mine went back to my old 4 digits. I just hope I'm able to get to the 25k with 10k PQMs before the switchover!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:34 am
Original Poster

My account is back to normal as well. Quicken downloads for the account are also working again... it was failing Monday night.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Is this the Debit card you are referring to? If so its probabably being discontinued like the AS BofA Visa debit
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Is this the Debit card you are referring to? If so its probabably being discontinued like the AS BofA Visa debit
No its the credit card. About 1/3 of the people who had it (selected by BOA) were grandfathered in and allowed to keep it after Barclays took over the rest.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by PHLDividends
Hmm - interesting. Mine is unchanged - it still says "US Airways Signature Visa," with the same last four digits.
Same here.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
No one uses debit cards. J/K
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
This sounds like good news that the BOA Visa will live on for a while as a US/AA card. I have been wondering if I should make the effort to get $25K spend on it, or focus on other cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.