Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Witnessed US Accident at PHL [13 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by DCdeacon
That's an A320 - Definitely not 189 Passengers on that thing!
Yep! Just shows you how inaccurate reports are. CBS was claiming it was a 737. 149 seems more logical yet I think they usually hold low 140s.

Last edited by CREN; Mar 13, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by skunker
I guess people didn't read the safety card section about leaving your belongings on the plane during evacuation.

Hope everone is OK, but leave the damn bags.
And another reson why people shouldn't be distracted during taxi and takeoff by using their personal electronic devices.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:02 pm

We just got cleared to take off (about 2hrs late) and are leaving on 27R.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Got diverted. I'm able to get off in Harrisburg now and drive to Philly. Capt says our paperwork is done and we have a full tank and are set to go. Do I get off or stay on??? Haha.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dubstyle311
Got diverted. I'm able to get off in Harrisburg now and drive to Philly. Capt says our paperwork is done and we have a full tank and are set to go. Do I get off or stay on??? Haha.
I miss flying out of MDT, great airport.

I'd drive. The flight itself will take 15 minutes in a jet but you'll circle South Jersey for 45 minutes before landing.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by mbece
I'm looking at some photos that have been posted on twitter. Just like in the Asiana SFO crash, I see people coming down with bags. Are they idiots? Seriously, they were lucky there was no fire here but had there been one, this could've put people at risk.
They've just been in a plane crash - does it not occur to you that maybe not all of them are thinking completely rationally?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by callum9999
They've just been in a plane crash - does it not occur to you that maybe not all of them are thinking completely rationally?
I'm not asking them to think rationally, but to pay attention and follow simple directions.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by callum9999
I never understand why a lot of people act like this in a crash. It seems many people grab their bags and loads of them just casually walk away from the slide as well.... If it were me I would be getting out of that door ASAP (which means no bags) and then running as fast as I could away from the aircraft, regardless of how good the shape of the aircraft looks!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by mbece
I'm not asking them to think rationally, but to pay attention and follow simple directions.
Let me know how you react when you're in one, OK?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Cargojon

Let me know how you react when you're in one, OK?
Will do -if I don't get killed by one of these bozos thinking their $1000 in crap is more important than peoples' lives.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
They should criminally charge the pax who took bags with them for failure to follow crewmember instructions. That'll teach em.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It kind of looks like a soft pet carrier is one of the bags the woman is holding. If that were me I'd be grabbing that bag too.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by AZbba
They should criminally charge the pax who took bags with them for failure to follow crewmember instructions. That'll teach em.
"But, but I needed to grab my iPad from my bag to take pictures!!"
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Hey PHLWookie, you got quoted on CNN:

"A witness in an airport terminal, posting to the online travel community FlyerTalk.com, reported seeing the plane "bounce twice on takeoff."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/13/us/phi...html?hpt=hp_t2
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
And it seems odd the plane lifted off before the pilot aborted. My impression was that after V1 the pilot should not abort except for very, very limited circumstances like double engine failure, ect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.