Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to US? Alternative numbers to call when call centers are jammed up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Per tommyleo in post #10 (please feel free to edit/add updates):

Here's a hot tip that I've used successfully during weather problems for several airlines: call the airline's overseas call centers. Use Skype and it's dirt cheap.

Here are U.S.'s overseas numbers. I just called the U.K. number and the agent answered immediately after I was prompted to press "2". This should work with just about any US call center since there should be an option for English at all of them. Good luck.

Since the overseas call center are typically not open 24 hours, one should consider the local time at the those call centers before calling.

abein2672: The (US) Canada number is pure GOLD! 1-888-240-4770. Toll free in the US, routes to an English-speaking agent in Europe...
Print Wikipost

Can't get through to US? Alternative numbers to call when call centers are jammed up

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Got award tickets to book before the chart goes bye-bye. On hold for 90 minutes - and this is thru AA Platinum transfer to US Air.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
1 hour on 2 calls on the US line before I found this thread....

Canada line picked up straight away and 15 mins to do the award booking. You guys are geniuses. Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:40 am

Fantastic. Canada line picked up and a lady with a lovely accent helped me in under 5 minutes. Many thanks to whoever posted that up originally.

I was getting worried I wouldn't be able to cancel an award I can't take anymore.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I got lucky and was on hold for only 25 minutes when I called Phoenix at 2:30 pm pacific time. I was expecting to be on hold for two hours. I just wanted to let you last minute folks still have a chance. Good luck.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Midnight in Phoenix, phew!

Originally Posted by kevino
I got lucky and was on hold for only 25 minutes when I called Phoenix at 2:30 pm pacific time. I was expecting to be on hold for two hours. I just wanted to let you last minute folks still have a chance. Good luck.
Had a reservation that was supposed to be ticketed by today (03-25).

SFO-HND-HKG-BLR
BOM-DOH-DFW-SJC
(all in business except domestic F)

Except that I made the naive assumption that it would expire by midnight. Called around 4pm PDT and was on hold for only 45 mins (see below). Agent had to recreate my itinerary and in the process the JAL flight was gone for the day I wanted to leave, at least per BA.com. But the USAirways agent told me it was available. Agent priced itinerary at 60K miles and realized something was amiss, so she called the rate desk - long hold.

Agent then said that this was because SJC was not valid, I had to return to SF. I told her that it was ok and indeed had been held, had it not been cancelled it would be there. Agent went to talk to rate desk again, then

CLICK

phone got cut off.

Called back around 645pm PST. Was on hold for one hour +.
Decided to call on my cell phone to an US Airways overseas office, as suggested in this thread. Called Australia, message said welcome to American Airlines. Hung up. Called Japan, same message, decided to continue.

Meanwhile I was still on hold on my land line.

AA Japan said she would transfer me. So now I have the same crazy loop playing on two speakerphones. Cell phone was picked up first but the agent kept saying he could not hear me. After screaming he kept saying he could not hear me. Or rather I think he could hear but not very well. He did try 3 or 4 times but it was clearly not working. Hung up cell phone.

Now the hold time on the land line was approaching 3 hours.

Finally, an agent on the line. Explained the situation, and had to feed her all 6 flights again. This time she was able to find the SJC flight as a coterminal. Ready to price again. Interminable (well more like 6-8 minute) wait for the rate desk. Then she gets my credit card and asks me to look up the record on USAirways.com. No flights show up.

Sinking feeling.

Agent tells me to look on the next day. Because the SFO-HND flight leaves at 0135. I find all the flights, now leaving a day later. Return was the same. It reminded me of when I had first booked it, the US agent insisted the flight was on the previous evening. Said that's the way they had to look it up. Why, I may never know, as US joins the great pantheon of airlines in the sky.

Anyway, I'm a day late and about a hundred and twenty USD short, and it's 30 minutes to midnight in Phoenix.

And this was my first DM redemption ever (mostly an AA flyer! But loaded up via 4 Barclays cards in the past two years).

RIP Dividend Miles.

No more RTW routings. No more India via Middle East if I remember the AAdvantage routings. India via HKG, pay more. Great availability via LHR, but do we have a formerly-known-as-fuel surcharge for you?!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:55 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Deleted

Last edited by UncleDude; Mar 26, 2015 at 5:21 am
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: WFBF
After an hour on hold waiting for someone to pick up at the CP desk to apply certs before they expire, got someone who said she couldn't do it and would transfer me to "Dividend Miles support". Person she transferred me to was apparently AA, though, and literally said "You mean, for US Airways? Um.... hold, please".

And now I am back on hold with no idea who I'll end up talking to or when.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rj123456
...No more India via Middle East if I remember the AAdvantage routings. India via HKG, pay more.
Nope, AAdv has middle east in same region as India for awards and it reached TATL.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: WFBF
Finally got transferred to an honest-to-God pmUS agent, after 90 minutes of holding and being bounced from AA person to AA person, and got certs applied within five minutes.

Now waiting while she tries to figure out if I can get my connection time widened...
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Since I read in a blog conflicting dates for when the upgrade certificates would terminate, I decided to look one last time. Called US Air and was on hold for less than a minutes at 10:15am (PST). Found out that the flight didn't have immediate confirmation so asked her to look for flight that did. She found it and then advised me there would be a $35 telephone charge for booking, so I said, no thanks, hung up and booked them online. Called back, this time waited two minutes for a US rep and he applied the certificates. I used the regular CP line, now knowing about the other phone numbers.

Never realized until now how that I was so lucky with virtually no wait until I read this thread. The difference in wait times is amazing.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT

I called twice yesterday. Called EXP to be transferred to CP desk. First time immediate pick up (around afternoon) and 2nd time was at 11PM and I waited 2 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.