Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: AA using widebodies for domestic/Caribbean/Mexico flights

LUS: AA using widebodies for domestic/Caribbean/Mexico flights

Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Can you clarify what you mean by the alignment in April? US is not aligning itself with AA's meal service - it is lowering the windows from the current 3:30-hour cutoff to a 2:45-hour cutoff. Nowhere near to AA's current 2-hour cutoff.

Also, AA doesn't serve an arrival breakfast on redeyes. Midcon redeyes (SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS/PDX/SEA-DFW/ORD) do not currently serve ANY meals at all; only warm nuts and a cookie. Transcons get a 'light snack' - soup, sandwich, or a fruit/cheese plate. No arrival breakfasts at all (with the exception of international flights, which is a whole other animal).

Correct me if I'm wrong and something has changed since the last announcement.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
However, I guess starting next month when US aligns itself with AA in cabin service, red-eyes will be getting a breakfast on arrival. F was full, Y was not, infact they were pushing selling upgrades, $250 for the flight and some people did take it. It was interesting though, about 60 minutes out, I heard someone complain to the FA about no food being served, maybe some of the people who upgraded were expecting something..
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Can you clarify what you mean by the alignment in April? US is not aligning itself with AA's meal service - it is lowering the windows from the current 3:30-hour cutoff to a 2:45-hour cutoff. Nowhere near to AA's current 2-hour cutoff.

Correct me if I'm wrong and something has changed since the last announcement.
One of the FA's on my flight told me that they will start serving meals on arrival. I'm booked on a SAN-PHL flight and it's coded as breakfest flight as it's a red-eye. We all know things changed very quickly, so not one knows for sure what is going to happen until it happens.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by md25
I was pretty surprised to see an A330 sitting at Logan this morning. My fiance is flying to CLT on it and had no idea they had upgraded equipment temporarily. Mighty jealous of her upgrade this morning as I'm sitting on a RJ to ROC around the corner...
Any idea where this parks at BOS? B4/6/8/10 I assume (blocking off another gate)?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Any idea where this parks at BOS? B4/6/8/10 I assume (blocking off another gate)?
Flight 1806 today is scheduled to be a 332 and using B8.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
One of the FA's on my flight told me that they will start serving meals on arrival. I'm booked on a SAN-PHL flight and it's coded as breakfest flight as it's a red-eye. We all know things changed very quickly, so not one knows for sure what is going to happen until it happens.

Breakfast, or Continental Breakfast?

I heard something about red eye transcons on AA metal having Late snack (Soup or cold salad + Roll and chocolate) and a pre arrival scone and beverage service. Seems like alot of food. I'd prefer just one nice pre-arrival hot breakfast plus the option of nuts or chips during the first hour of flight. Hopefully they will standardize all transcon for US and AA meal service, but still keep the enhanced/AFS on those particular routes intact.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Robt760
Breakfast, or Continental Breakfast?

I heard something about red eye transcons on AA metal having Late snack (Soup or cold salad + Roll and chocolate) and a pre arrival scone and beverage service. Seems like alot of food. I'd prefer just one nice pre-arrival hot breakfast plus the option of nuts or chips during the first hour of flight. Hopefully they will standardize all transcon for US and AA meal service, but still keep the enhanced/AFS on those particular routes intact.
I'm with you, give me a breakfast on arrival, I don't need a snack after takeoff. All she said was, breakfast.. I would be happy with Cerel or oatmeal with fruit, bread and yogurt.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: LanChile LanPass, SWA Rapid Rewards
A330 in PHX

Well March is gone, and so is the US Airways A330..The rumor was true..It only operated during the month of March for 26 days..I flew on it March 20..Awesome ride in F!!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: None
US has had widebodies on domestic flights for years although the number of flights varies with seasonal changes in the TATL flight schedule. The only difference is the distance from the east hubs to PHX being greater than the widebodies usually went even in the off-season, which presumably is because of having more A330's than in the past with the A332's not requiring as heavy a maintenance check in the off-season since they're newer.

Jim
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:41 am

I'd like to revive this thread. Is there an easy way to see where US is operating these birds domestically (and to the caribbean)?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Gunner14
I'd like to revive this thread. Is there an easy way to see where US is operating these birds domestically (and to the caribbean)?
It's pretty much similar to previous years with the 330s on CLT/PHL-PUJ/SJU/CUN and the 762s in their last remaining weeks on routes to STT/CUN.

I think the addition this season is a 333 on PHL-MIA and regularly 3x 330s on PHL-MCO
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:39 pm

Airbus A330-200 on CUN -> CLT flight?

Is it "normal" for the 1/18/16 CUN -> CLT flight #884 to be an Airbus A330-200?

Not that I'm complaining, but it sounded like it was for transcontinental flights from Paris or something.

I am secretly hoping there won't be an equipment change by then.

Seat Guru says there's no map for that flight #884 on American Airlines (but does list it as an A330-200).

US Airways has one (seat map), but Seatguru says there's no such USAirways flight #884

aa.com let me book and pick seats and it sure looks like a USAirways A330-200, so I'm guessing it's real, I just was a bit surprised that large of a plane is used for that flight?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Yes. You'll also see the 330s on SJU and PUJ runs in the European off season. US did this with great frequency.

They can get from CLT to the Caribbean and back in between the European turns, if I'm not mistaken.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:00 pm

yes - Seat is great but last time I flew service was basic.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by hurnik
Not that I'm complaining, but it sounded like it was for transcontinental flights from Paris or something.
US/AA does not operate flights within Europe, but only to and from Europe across the Atlantic to its hubs (JFK, PHL, MIA, ORD, CLT, etc.)

A number of European airlines fly the A330, but rarely if ever would these be used for anything other than long-haul intercontinental flights.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
I can only hope. CLT-SJU in December, and 3 weeks later, CLT-SXM. 321 and 757 at the moment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.