Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: AA using widebodies for domestic/Caribbean/Mexico flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LUS: AA using widebodies for domestic/Caribbean/Mexico flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:45 pm

Ahhh to get an upgrade on that flight!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
Originally Posted by lizs
Ahhh to get an upgrade on that flight!
The only times I've been booked on a longhaul plane domestically, they've all had maintenance issues and didn't get my FC seat =/

But, this is kinda cool, hope we see more airplane types in PHX now that AA's moved in
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I was a 332, I had a friend on it.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Overheard a GA at PHX last night saying there was one on the schedule for at least a few weeks until it gets reassigned to "wherever they usually run those things".
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
746 CLT-PHX is loaded as 332 the next couple of weeks.

Y is showing about 90% load, F maybe 50%

might actually find an excuse to go to phoenix.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:02 pm

One of these Saturday's in March there are 4-6 330s into SJU from CLT/PHL.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Flew CLT-PHX US746 tonight on the A332. I could really get used to those lie-flat seats on transcons...had dinner, took a solid two hour nap, and we landed. Great flight (and great crew too - they were a TATL crew, and all were very polished).
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I like seeing the A330 in Phoenix finally, but why is this plane being used this way? The flight cannot possibly make money and the times are horrible. So, what's the point? Its not a sub for the West - there has to be some rationale. Training? I can't figure it out.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nicksta
I like seeing the A330 in Phoenix finally, but why is this plane being used this way? The flight cannot possibly make money and the times are horrible. So, what's the point? Its not a sub for the West - there has to be some rationale. Training? I can't figure it out.
If you read this thread you would find out why...
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DCdeacon
Flew CLT-PHX US746 tonight on the A332. I could really get used to those lie-flat seats on transcons...had dinner, took a solid two hour nap, and we landed. Great flight (and great crew too - they were a TATL crew, and all were very polished).
Will be taking the big bird in two days PHX-CLT-DCA, the redeye will be nice as I'll be able to sleep going... I'll be spoiled at a couple of week on this plane..
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
US using A330 for domestic flights

I was pretty surprised to see an A330 sitting at Logan this morning. My fiancée is flying to CLT on it and had no idea they had upgraded equipment temporarily. Mighty jealous of her upgrade this morning as I'm sitting on a RJ to ROC around the corner...
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: US lowlife
They also have them running on mco-phl as well. Envoy cabin is wide open and no upgrade availability. Bummer.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DCdeacon
Are they using L1 or L2 to board?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
I'm aware it's not domestic, but my early-May CUN-PHL just got upguaged from a 321 to a 330 as well...glad to be up front!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jcooke
They also have them running on mco-phl as well. Envoy cabin is wide open and no upgrade availability. Bummer.
What do you mean no upgrade availability? Elites are certainly eligible for upgrades to Envoy on domestic flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.