Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: AA using widebodies for domestic/Caribbean/Mexico flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LUS: AA using widebodies for domestic/Caribbean/Mexico flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
It's an award ticket. Bummer they turn off the IFE. I'd actually rather have a 321 as I'm flying with the wife and the 330 isn't great for sharing an iPad.
There are some scattered reports of IFE being on. It's a rare occasion though. Bring headphones, as if they do turn IFE on, they don't provide headphones as it's not supposed to be on.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
So, silly question... Do some of the stations that are now using 330's have the ground equipment to handle them? I don't envision that US's BOS ground operation has the equipment to handle the 330's baggage cans (i.e., 330's don't loose-load baggage like narrowbodies).
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Well, they used to fly 767s into BOS from Charlotte daily, so it at least won't be the first time BOS crews will deal with widebodies.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
I also have a 767 from MCO->CLT later this month. A lot of the widebody fleet doing some extra work over the winter months in the U.S.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Us 746 clt-phx a330

It appears that US will be flying a widebody into PHX in March, it's not returning back to CLT the same night, or to PHL, I can't find where it is off to on it's return, anyone have any idea? I would love to catch a ride on one, just need to know where it is off to.. I thought HNL, but nope...
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
US 883 PHX-CLT at 2:20am next day.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Looks like 746 originates in SJU. SJU-CLT-PHX

883 PHX-CLT-CUN

Since this is "international" I wonder if this 330 has the new Envoy suites?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jhalapin
Looks like 746 originates in SJU. SJU-CLT-PHX

883 PHX-CLT-CUN

Yes it does, look at the seat map. I was not aware that PHX has the equipement to handle a A330, hopefully we see more widebodies here.. I'll be switching over some of my flights to this one when I'm flying east...
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jhalapin
All US Airways A330s have the suites
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Yes it does, look at the seat map. I was not aware that PHX has the equipement to handle a A330, hopefully we see more widebodies here.. I'll be switching over some of my flights to this one when I'm flying east...
Do you mean A330-specific "equipment", or large jets in general? Because PHX has daily 744 service (BA, from LHR), so the airport can certainly accommodate larger craft.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: None
With the additional A332s arriving, US has more than enough widebodies to fly the TATL schedule in the off season so there's more domestic flights being operated with them. Also the additional A332s are allowing US to send A330s fruther from home - CLT/PHL - whereas in previous winters they kept them close enough to be back in CLT/PHL for a TATL flight if needed.

Jim
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
I recently flew on an A332 on PHL-MCO. Upgrade to the envoy seats was really nice. They boarded the flight super early, but took off at normal time. IFE was turned off, but the novelty of the seats was enjoyable for the ~2:30 flight. The luggage bins are pretty huge so that's convenient.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by thphilly
I recently flew on an A332 on PHL-MCO. Upgrade to the envoy seats was really nice. They boarded the flight super early, but took off at normal time. IFE was turned off, but the novelty of the seats was enjoyable for the ~2:30 flight. The luggage bins are pretty huge so that's convenient.
Typically, they'll board the widebodies 40-45 minutes early, even domestically.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ubernostrum
Do you mean A330-specific "equipment", or large jets in general? Because PHX has daily 744 service (BA, from LHR), so the airport can certainly accommodate larger craft.
I am very aware of the 744 service, my question was geared towards US, we don't get anything bigger then a 757 or A321, the A332 have containers that luggage is loaded into, so I'm assuming that US is transfering some of the container loaders or borrowing it from BA....
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Venabili
Correct - same service as on A320 for example. The IFE is also switched off.
That seems pretty lame. Why not use it, if it's in place? Hopefully with the integration of AA/US in flight services, things like this will be alligned (to the AA standard)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.