Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Prior to booking flights on partner airlines, it is a good idea to check the the US Airways Partner Earning Page.

It is always a good idea to save your boarding pass and any other booking materials, as this may be needed if the miles don't automatically post.
Print Wikipost

Earning US Miles on Partner Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Invalid Class

Recently flew Qantas domestically from Sydney to Melbourne. I booked a coach flight and when miles posted I received zero. It said "Class Booking was invalid for Carrier". Has anyone seen this? Any way to get these miles?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
What fare class did you buy, and was it a published fare?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I booked economy but I can't remember if it was a discounted fare or not. It shows as an E fare on the miles activity page on US
Old Sep 13, 2014, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

E class on Qantas is ineligible for earning to US Airways

See http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...asAirways.html
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:54 am

Let's say for I have purchased a K fare from Air Berlin with an AB flight number but it is operated by S7. Will I get the miles according to Air Berlin or S7 on my DM account?

Under *A times it was the operating carrier.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by tiger302
Let's say for I have purchased a K fare from Air Berlin with an AB flight number but it is operated by S7. Will I get the miles according to Air Berlin or S7 on my DM account?

Under *A times it was the operating carrier.
I think that according to the eearning rules that you will earn nothing. The Air Berlin table is the one that matters and it states that

Originally Posted by US Airways
Earn miles when you fly on airberlin marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket. Miles are also earned on airberlin codeshare flights operated by US Airways.
Since it is a codeshare flight , no miles are earned since it is operated by S7
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:29 am

Cathy Pacific denied miles

Cathy Pacific denied my miles between Hong Kong and Manila!

I am a former US Airways member, still flying on my US airways FF# - do you think that might be the reason why miles were denied? What is my option to get my miles? Many Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Only the most expensive CX fares earn US or AA miles. If you were on a discount fare no dice.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Check the purchased fare class against the mileage-earning classes. CX (for AA earnings) has long restricted the earnings to the highest of coach fares.

Don't memorize the mileage earning chart but do live by it.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ayPacific.html
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
OW Rules - Earning USDM on US Codeshare Operated by BA

For those of us coming from *A (which is all of us), we're used to earning on the operating carrier's rules. However, I've read somewhere that AA earns EQMs based on the marketing carrier's rules - so here's the example:

SAN-LHR - US7038 (marketing carrier codeshare) or commonly known by the operating carrier as BA272.

Let's assume Club World seats - Business class. And assume all crediting to USDM.

If purchased as US flight in D class, US D class theoretically earns 150% w/ COS EQMs;

If purchased as BA flight in corresponding I class, USDM earns at 125% w/ COS EQMs.

So if I buy this as US7038 codeshare, do I get the marketing carrier 150% as a codeshare? Because I know with Star rules, if US D-class maps into (theoretically) operating carrier's I-class in a similar situation, I would only get the 125%. I think AA (or OW-rules) earns based on marketing carrier, regardless of operator (as long as it's OW) so this is a departure from our old *A rules. If so, is US' IT sophisticated enough thus far on OW to do it this way apart from how *A used to work?

Anyone with direct experience?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:42 am

The earnings webpage at http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...shAirways.html does state

Originally Posted by USDM
•Travel ticketed as a US Airways-marketed flight (booked as a US flight number) and operated by British Airways will earn Dividend Miles base miles and elite-qualifying miles and segments according to the US Airways mileage accrual chart.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Miles accrual rates on partner airlines

I have an upcoming flight ticketed on a partner airline where the first leg of the trip is on US Airways. The miles accrual rate for the partner airline in question is 125% for business class. Does anyone know if the first part of my trip will accrue at 125% or the US airways rate of 150%?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ticketing carrier doesn't matter. Marketing carrier is often the determinant but one needs to look at the rules for each partner carrier.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../airlines.html
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Ticketing carrier doesn't matter. Marketing carrier is often the determinant but one needs to look at the rules for each partner carrier.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../airlines.html
That's what I was looking at too, but I have had experiences in the past where I was traveling on a partner issued/marketed ticket on a US Airways operated flight and received services as if I were flying on a US ticket, including automatic free upgrade (domestic), ability to change seats on the US Airways site, etc.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: US Gold, Avis First, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
US Miles on CX (Operated by Air new zealand)

Evening friends..

I am flying PHX > LAX > HKG > AKL on US and CX. But the last leg CX7401 is Operated by Air new zealand. Does this still qualify for Us Air preferred miles?? I know Air NZ is a Star airline.

Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.