Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Changes for LAX international arrivals / bus to TBIT for formalities (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
The current state of affairs for international arrivals at LAX is as under:

Due to on-going construction at Los Angeles International Airport, American’s operation will be affected over the course of the next year or more. For the foreseeable future, American’s international flight arrivals, with the exception of its Shanghai plane, will land and unload passengers at Terminal 4. The international passengers will then use nearby stairs to access the ramp where they will board busses and be transported to the new Federal Inspection Service facility at the new Thomas Bradley International Terminal. American’s Shanghai flight will arrive at TBIT. All of American’s international departures will remain at Terminal 4 for the near future.

American is working closely with Los Angeles Airport Authority officials to lessen the impact airport construction has on customers and airline employees. The construction projects are necessary to enhance our customer travel experience in the future. We appreciate everyone’s understanding.(Source; HT: gleff)
It is understood that PVG flights will be arriving directly to TBIT.
Print Wikipost

Changes for LAX international arrivals / bus to TBIT for formalities (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I have made the Qantas-US connection a few times. With a 3 hour layover (coming off QF coach, and with global entry/pre check) I was able to visit the AA Flagship (on the way from TBIT to T6, via T4) and Alaska lounges, so your connection is probably doable, assuming everything is on time.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
... I am just curious if landing at 6:25 at TBIT and leaving on a US flight at 7:45 is doable. I'll be in Business on Qantas and won't be checking bags and have global entry so I have to think that is plenty of time for me (also have TSA Pre). ...
Sure it is doable, but this morning you would have likely been SOL.

I came in from SYD on QF11 and it landed 40 minutes late (QF93 [MEL] was in at 7:28am, QF15 [BNE] disembarked at 7:03am).

There is no way you would have caught that 7:45am flight from MEL or SYD and BNE would have been extremely tight.

I was in Business and off the aircraft by 7:30am and through immigration and customs by 7:45am. I was around to T4, checked in, through Security (PRE CHECK) and up into the Flagship lounge by 8am.

I do this sort of thing 3 or 4 times a year and personally will not allow less than 3 hours on separate tickets.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 1, 2015 at 11:10 am
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by serfty
Sure it is doable, but this morning you would have likely been SOL.

I came in from SYD on QF11 and it landed 40 minutes late (QF93 [MEL] was in at 7:28am, QF15 [BNE] disembarked at 7:03am).

There is no way you would have caught that 7:45am flight from MEL or SYD and BNE would have been extremely tight.

I was in Business and off the aircraft by 7:30am and through immigration and customs by 7:45am. I was around to T4, checked in, through Security (PRE CHECK) and up into the Flagship lounge by 8am.

I do this sort of thing 3 or 4 times a year and personally will not allow less than 3 hours on separate tickets.
Yeah - If we are late I'm definitely SOL. I would just have to hope that US would give me the benefit of the doubt and put me on the next flight. If worse came to worse I can purchase a new one way. I just hate having to sit for 3 hours after being tired from that trip. If everything is on time I'm pretty sure I can do it.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Yeah - If we are late I'm definitely SOL. I would just have to hope that US would give me the benefit of the doubt and put me on the next flight. If worse came to worse I can purchase a new one way. I just hate having to sit for 3 hours after being tired from that trip. If everything is on time I'm pretty sure I can do it.
At least as an Executive Platinum flying internationally, you'd be able to have a shower and relax in the Flagship lounge before heading off to PHX (even on separate oneworld tickets).

Note that AA have a oneworld separate ticket protection policy, but I think MCT needs to be a consideration in the first place - for this connection MCT is 2 hours.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 2, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat
I have to pick up my parents who are arriving on 135 from LHR this afternoon.

Should I be waiting for them at TBIT bag claim, or in T4?

Any advice gratefully received!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chris_ny
I have to pick up my parents who are arriving on 135 from LHR this afternoon.

Should I be waiting for them at TBIT bag claim, or in T4?

Any advice gratefully received!
TBIT.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by rjlon
TBIT.
Thank you!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chris_ny
Thank you!
You're welcome.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This is under discussion in the LAX thread in the Combined forum; please follow the discussion there.

Thread closed.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.