FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Adding Known Traveler Number to Reservation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1488257-adding-known-traveler-number-reservation.html)

LondonIce Jul 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Adding Known Traveler Number to Reservation

Hi all,
I was just approved for Global Entry today, and would like to add my Known Traveler Number to an existing reservation in order to make use of Pre-Check. I've added the number to my Dividend Miles profile, but don't see an option to add it in the "Change Passenger Information" section of the reservation online. Does anyone know if I'm covered simply by having it in my Dividend Miles profile, or do I need to call customer service?

Thanks!

LetsGoToo Jul 25, 2013 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by LondonIce (Post 21159249)
Hi all,
I was just approved for Global Entry today, and would like to add my Known Traveler Number to an existing reservation in order to make use of Pre-Check. I've added the number to my Dividend Miles profile, but don't see an option to add it in the "Change Passenger Information" section of the reservation online. Does anyone know if I'm covered simply by having it in my Dividend Miles profile, or do I need to call customer service?

Thanks!

I was in a similar situation and was able to enter the number during the check-in process online.

Artagnan Jul 25, 2013 11:19 pm

If you call them, they can do it for you extremely easily. That was my solution last week, at any rate.

WiscAZ Jul 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Call or check in work. If you do nothing you won't have pre check.

Granitebox Jul 26, 2013 7:07 am

Make sure your profile includes the Known Traveler number then on your existing reservation delete your Dividend Miles number, save the changes then add the Dividend Miles back to the reservation. If this doesn't work, you need to call.

PHL Jul 26, 2013 7:08 am

My KT number is in my profile, but for some reason I always have to manually enter it in the online check in screens.

seattleBH Jul 26, 2013 9:15 am

Only ports over for reservations made at usairways.com

You will always (until we shift to aa.com) need to enter your known traveler number at checkin unless your reservation was created at usairways.com. If you enter it for checkin on your outbound, you will not need to add it on your return.

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 21161167)
My KT number is in my profile, but for some reason I always have to manually enter it in the online check in screens.

PHL Jul 26, 2013 9:24 am

That makes sense because my travel is always booked by my corporate travel agency.

youvesaiditall Jul 26, 2013 9:54 am

Originally Posted by seattleBH (Post 21161801)
You will always (until we shift to aa.com) need to enter your known traveler number at checkin unless your reservation was created at usairways.com. If you enter it for checkin on your outbound, you will not need to add it on your return.

Depends on your travel agency I guess. We use HRG/Concur and I never have to enter it at check-in.

Now--at the same time, when I check in online, there is a box that says redress/known traveler number that is blank--which I makes you think you have to enter something there--but I never do, and PreCheck always shows on the boarding pass.

As long as it is in my Frequent Flyer profile at whatever airline, it has always worked.

bkafrick Jul 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by seattleBH (Post 21161801)

Originally Posted by youvesaiditall (Post 21162022)
Depends on your travel agency I guess. We use HRG/Concur and I never have to enter it at check-in.

Now--at the same time, when I check in online, there is a box that says redress/known traveler number that is blank--which I makes you think you have to enter something there--but I never do, and PreCheck always shows on the boarding pass.

As long as it is in my Frequent Flyer profile at whatever airline, it has always worked.

Yep. Exactly. You dont have to enter it in for every flight at check-in. Just like what youvesaiditall said. The box will show blank, but Pre-Check always appears on every one of my boarding passes, and I get the magic three beeps at the scanner every time. I've never manually added my KT except one time in my profile.

The advice to have to manually do it is wrong. But YMMV I suppose.

monz May 2, 2014 1:08 am

Using known traveler number on an international airline

Hi, I will be flying SATA airline next week. I reviewed my ticket info today online and noticed there is no place for me to enter my known traveler number. I know this won't affect my ability to go through the kiosk however I've noticed that when this number is on my account, I get through check in at my international location speedier (when flying home) and of course, there is always pre-check. Does anyone know how I can add this number in so it's on my record?