Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket has been issued but no miles were deducted

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Ticket has been issued but no miles were deducted

I just called to issue a first class ticket of 120K miles and the ticket has been ticketed with a ticket number. However, the mileage balance remains the same. It is possible the agent forgot to manually deduct the miles from my account.

I am debating whether I should call US Airways to remind them of deducting the miles from my account. Could I possibly get away with not paying the miles for this ticket?

Did you anyone have the same experience before?
Old May 1, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: None
It may be that they're waiting for confirmation from any other airlines in your itinerary before taking out the miles. That doesn't happen instantly for every possible other carrier.

Jim
Old May 1, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
It may be that they're waiting for confirmation from any other airlines in your itinerary before taking out the miles. That doesn't happen instantly for every possible other carrier.

Jim
I have called Cathay which is the partner airline for this ticket and they confirmed the ticket has been ticketed. I guess I will wait for 24h and see what happens.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan
In my only two bookings with DM, miles were taken instantly when the agents said they would ticket and I only got ticket numbers hours after that. So I guess you will get away with your free ticket if you do not call. Anyway this is just my guess.
Old May 1, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by choupeo
In my only two bookings with DM, miles were taken instantly when the agents said they would ticket and I only got ticket numbers hours after that. So I guess you will get away with your free ticket if you do not call. Anyway this is just my guess.
In all my previous bookings with DM, miles were taken instantly and the ticket number was generated as soon as my credit card transaction was processed over the phone. I will report back.

Last edited by tylergupku; May 1, 2014 at 1:48 pm
Old May 1, 2014, 11:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
It is up to you, but you are taking a chance:

* you may get to the airport and have everything go smoothly
* when you get to the airport to fly, it may turn out that the whole trip is canceled. this would be even worse if it happens on your return leg
* US does have employees who monitor FT. if your username here is anything related to your real name or your username for their site, chances are high that they'll catch you
Old May 1, 2014, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Miles were deducted. Case is closed.

Thank you folks for your kind help.

Originally Posted by aztimm
It is up to you, but you are taking a chance:

* you may get to the airport and have everything go smoothly
* when you get to the airport to fly, it may turn out that the whole trip is canceled. this would be even worse if it happens on your return leg
* US does have employees who monitor FT. if your username here is anything related to your real name or your username for their site, chances are high that they'll catch you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.