can you still transfer aeroplan to us airways 100:84 w/ points.com?

Old Jul 13, 2013, 5:54 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by webazoid
I did. I moved 103k mr to about 86k us airways. Took three transactions since you are limited to 50k per transaction. Took about a day each.
Around May/June, I ran into this "limit" that was not specified anywhere else previously.
Last year I did several with no problems. I had just moved 250k Amex to AP and was stuck. Anyway, I expect the FF programs to take 2 years to merge, so will get most out.

This remains the only way to get US (future AA) from Amex with a 16% haircut.
The other advantage is that you can send the Amex to many "family and friends" accounts now and then to their US and in future their AA accts without any other transfer fees.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saranyc
Did you already transfer 100k miles this year? That's the limit written on points.com, maybe they drop US Airways as an option after you do the 100k?
i transferred a total of 104k MR to 84k US...so I was over 100k. Maybe it's a total of 100k into US?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Silf
I checked with points.com through their live chat and the rep said there is a technical issue and they're trying to resolve it.
As of today (7/19) I don't see the option either as Trade or Exchange (USDM is not even in the dropdown)

I tried changing my country to USA or Canada, no luck for either

I have yet to transfer ANY Aeroplan into USDM ever, so 100K is not it
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:27 am

If you look a few posts above yours (#12, 13, 14, 15), you'll see that US has been missing from points.com exchanges for a week... nobody know what the story is, and customer service is not saying much ("technical issue"?).
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bright side is that Aeroplan miles no longer have the 7 year shelf life limit. I was going to transfer all my AE miles over but now decided to keep them with AC.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by honu
If you look a few posts above yours (#12, 13, 14, 15), you'll see that US has been missing from points.com exchanges for a week... nobody know what the story is, and customer service is not saying much ("technical issue"?).

I'm afraid this is more than a "technical issue". Perhaps this has something to do with them joining OW starting Nov 1st. I have some Saga points to transfer so I'm a bit worried give that these points are pretty much worthless without the ability to transfer to US.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bacopa
I'm afraid this is more than a "technical issue". Perhaps this has something to do with them joining OW starting Nov 1st. I have some Saga points to transfer so I'm a bit worried give that these points are pretty much worthless without the ability to transfer to US.
I agree

It's them stopping the loophole before the official announcement
and now there is no way out of Aeroplan
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I agree

It's them stopping the loophole before the official announcement
and now there is no way out of Aeroplan

There is ....one way...for Canadians. But not to US Air.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 7:25 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Still no fix to the "technical problem"
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
I'm actually trying to get rid of a ton of SAGA miles so I got really burned by this "technical issue". I should have dumped these miles a long time ago. Anyone know of a good use for these miles?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:09 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Yikes!

I so need this right now for an award booking =(

Is there any other way to do it?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by b8b
Yikes!

I so need this right now for an award booking =(

Is there any other way to do it?
Not that I know of but I would love to know as well if anyone comes up with a new way!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:06 pm

Not that I know of but I would love to know as well if anyone comes up with a new way!
I assume you US posters are looking to convert your Amex MR to US and aren't just flush with Aeroplan. You could try posting the trade in CC and hope for a bite.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Coolers
I assume you US posters are looking to convert your Amex MR to US and aren't just flush with Aeroplan. You could try posting the trade in CC and hope for a bite.
What's CC?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:01 pm

What's CC?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

Just make sure you read the rules and then read them again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.