When does a status change?

Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
When does a status change?

Hi everyone,

I just had enough miles posting to push me over the 75K but the status is still at Gold. How long does it usually take for the status to change after you cross a threshold?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Venabili
Hi everyone,

I just had enough miles posting to push me over the 75K but the status is still at Gold. How long does it usually take for the status to change after you cross a threshold?

Thanks in advance.
Should post shortly thereafter. If it just happened, I'd give it a day or two for the system to catch up. If not, call in.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks
I guess I will give it till Monday (just in case) and see if I need to call it in.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: US Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
It's good to check on it. I've been waiting 2 MONTHS for the 10,000 PQM I was supposed to get with my Bank of America credit card. They finally researched it but they won't be deposited until the end of December! I probably should have called them earlier. Has anyone else had a problem getting those PQM?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Flying Gator
It's good to check on it. I've been waiting 2 MONTHS for the 10,000 PQM I was supposed to get with my Bank of America credit card. They finally researched it but they won't be deposited until the end of December! I probably should have called them earlier. Has anyone else had a problem getting those PQM?
You've got a problem. Last couple of years mine have posted super pronto, i.e., before I even recognized I had hit the $25,000 mark. Odd that, having researched it, they are still waiting until end of month.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.
I went over 75K on a UA flight late Monday; miles posted Wednesday but status didn't update until today. Following the same pattern, you'll probably see the change tomorrow.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.
In my experience it's as early as later that same day, but never more than two days after those miles post. Based on the date of when you first posted this question, sounds like your miles hit on Wednesday, so when you wake up on Friday morning, I would expect to see the status reflected.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:45 am
Original Poster

And as every said - it cleared in Friday morning (miles posted some time in Wed; status fixed in Fri).

Stupid question - if I have a flight booked before it changed, will it pick up the new status correctly when I check in (it is a UA flight late next week)? Or do I need to reenter my FF on checkin?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA, DL, TK
And as every said - it cleared in Friday morning (miles posted some time in Wed; status fixed in Fri).

Stupid question - if I have a flight booked before it changed, will it pick up the new status correctly when I check in (it is a UA flight late next week)? Or do I need to reenter my FF on checkin?
In my experience, UA only documents *A status, not US-specific tier. Thus your boarding pass would show Star Gold whether their system based that on US Gold or Platinum. However, US will post the tier bonus separately, based on the current status.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gerbs
In my experience, UA only documents *A status, not US-specific tier. Thus your boarding pass would show Star Gold whether their system based that on US Gold or Platinum. However, US will post the tier bonus separately, based on the current status.
You know - I should have realized that before asking the question. United don't really care if it is Gold or Plat - it is still *A Gold. Thanks - I have no idea where my head was when asking...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.