Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exit Row Seats on US (merged) [MASTER THREAD]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by phlwookie
Row 8 on these has perhaps an inch of extra legroom. The chief advantage is that row 7 can't recline into you.
Plus I noticed that there's some sort of box under the seat in front of 8D (I think it is, aisle seat on right row). According to SeatGuru, it's equipment for the entertainment system. Not sure what entertainment system they're referring to, because CRJs don't have one, but it's there.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by t325
Plus I noticed that there's some sort of box under the seat in front of 8D (I think it is, aisle seat on right row). According to SeatGuru, it's equipment for the entertainment system. Not sure what entertainment system they're referring to, because CRJs don't have one, but it's there.
Seatguru, while useful, often has bad info, as they apparently do in this case. Not sure what it's there for. I don't recall it being huge or even necessarily there on 100% of CR2s, though.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by phlwookie
Seatguru, while useful, often has bad info, as they apparently do in this case. Not sure what it's there for. I don't recall it being huge or even necessarily there on 100% of CR2s, though.
While I doubt it has anything to do with entertainment, I have noticed the box under 7D a number of times and specifically try for 8C as a result.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:03 pm

Free Exit Row Seats with no status

Hi,

I have always been able to get free exit row seats at OLCI, but I went to check in for my flight today and they are asking for $29 per segment. I have flown over 20 segments this year on US and have always been able to select for free, including two days ago (8/22) with no issues. I don't have status with US or AA, but I will hit AA gold by the end of the year.

Does anyone know if something changed? I called US and they said I must have been getting lucky.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:44 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
choosing EXIT row seats at time of booking

I'm an EXP (Executive Platinum) on AA. I just booked an itn on USAIR for June of 2015 (I gave my AA FF# as part of my profile). I was able to select EXIT row seats for all 4 of my segments; I'm assuming(?) that USAIR "knew" my status on AA and thati is why I could choose EXITs for my itn.
On AA.com, when I book EXIT row seats I'm ALWAYS asked:"can you perform the duties..." USAIR did not ask that ques.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Don't worry, you will be asked at check-in, usually at the kiosk or online, but also if you talk to a person; when your BP is scanned, you will be asked again; and finally you will be debriefed on the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.