US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

Old Sep 25, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I applied for the card on 8 Aug 12 and used it immediately upon receipt to purchase $2,500 worth of US Air tickets. On 16 Sep I received an email about the promo to spend $750 per month for Oct - Dec. This card has been in my hands less than two months, has not been "sock-drawred" and I still got the promo. I plan to purchase some gift cards (unless someone is aware that these won't qualify either) to ensure I meet the spend levels.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Barclays US Airways CC & AP

Any recent experience with Barclays and AP meeting the spend bonus promotions ($750 for 3 months)? Couple nice folks stated they had utilized AP at the first of the year.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:28 pm
BCF

Programs: AA, US, WN, Marriot, Hilton
Have this CC for 2 months, used it 3 times for less than $50. Got the post card for this promotion right after closing 2nd statement
Old Sep 28, 2012, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by diceman
Any recent experience with Barclays and AP meeting the spend bonus promotions ($750 for 3 months)? Couple nice folks stated they had utilized AP at the first of the year.
No issues here^
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Did I mess up?!?

Okay, I've been working on the spend for my hubbys card (750 each month/Sept-Nov).
I made an online payment from my bank for the Sept cycle. Tonight, I tried using the card and it kept coming declined Had the hubby call them and to my surprise, payment was not received!!(It was automated, and he couldnt talk to CS b/c it kept connecting to the collections dept) So I checked my bank online and indeed the payment was received, but not on my hubby's card! I accidently made the payment on my card (which was a zero balance) btw, payment was due on oct 3....so pretty much 3 days late and already in the collections dept!

I already made another payment which should reflect tomorrow.

The 1006 miles earned are already deducted for this cycle!

In the t&c it states: To receive your bonus miles your account must be open and in good standing you have to be in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent.....do not qualify for this offer.

Does this mean I'm disqualified for the 15k promo?!?!
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Kind of annoyed that those of us who put every work expense on the card (100k+ a year) don't get this deal =(
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by inthemix
Kind of annoyed that those of us who put every work expense on the card (100k+ a year) don't get this deal =(
I'm kind of wondering why you're doing that. Even if you only want to collect US miles, unless a high percentage of those expenses are US Air purchases, you'd be earning more miles if you used Amex SPG (effectively 1.25 miles/$).
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:11 pm

Woot! FT is right... sock drawer the card and you'll get targeted.

Just got the email a week ago for 15k bonus miles for $750 spend in each month of Nov, Dec, and Jan.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 2:02 am

I put this card in sock drawer for more than 6 months, but got an offer for 5 points per $1 spend with max 2500 miles offer..no love for me.. and used this card for 100% miles promo.. should have waited for 15k offer..
Originally Posted by tearex
Woot! FT is right... sock drawer the card and you'll get targeted.

Just got the email a week ago for 15k bonus miles for $750 spend in each month of Nov, Dec, and Jan.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Has anyone seen their bonus points post yet for the Oct - Dec promo? I spent over $750 each month and my normal one point per $ have posted to my account but the 15K hasn't. It may be too early though as my account just closed. Thx.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:59 pm

Why is it...

....that I never seem to get any of these offers from US Airways? I've had my card since the time Bank of America was issuing them. Looks like if you're the old faithful, then you just get discarded...

Perhaps time to sock drawer the card and see if that will wake 'em up ...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by GoingGal
Has anyone seen their bonus points post yet for the Oct - Dec promo? I spent over $750 each month and my normal one point per $ have posted to my account but the 15K hasn't. It may be too early though as my account just closed. Thx.
It takes a while. Mine was for Sep-Nov, and the 15k showed up as "earned" on the Barclays website in late December (sometime after my Dec 11 statement closed) , but they still have not posted to my DM account. I am expecting that they will post when my next statement closes Jan 11.

UPDATE: The bonus miles did indeed post to my DM account following my latest statement close. So for those wondering, you will most likely get your bonus in the second month after completing your three months worth of spending. So if you were doing it now, Jan-Feb-Mar, you would get the bonus when your May statement closes.

Last edited by taliesin; Jan 14, 2013 at 12:07 pm Reason: Updated info
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by taliesin
It takes a while. Mine was for Sep-Nov, and the 15k showed up as "earned" on the Barclays website in late December (sometime after my Dec 11 statement closed) , but they still have not posted to my DM account. I am expecting that they will post when my next statement closes Jan 11.
i just looked at my barclays account and it shows 15,000 miles earned since my dec 17 statement but nothing has posted for me on US yet...
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Have a dilemma, I met the $750 minimum for Sept, Oct, Nov 2012 and see the 15k reward miles that is posted to my US Dividend account. Will I be safe to modify a hotel reservation (due to an UA flight change) that was booked in Sept with this card, my $66 hotels.com refund will put me $18 under the minimum for the Sept monthly spend? Will the 15,000 bonus remain since its now outside of the 3 month window? I know I will get 66 miles subtracted from my Dividend miles. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:07 am

I don't have any direct experience with this, so YMMV, but it seems that the credit, because it occurs in January, would have to count against your current statement. So just make sure to spend at least $66 this month, and you'd break even, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.