Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phl 30th street rail station to the airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Arriving in January at Philadelphia 30th street railroad station at 10:41 am .Flight leaves phl airport at 1:20pm .Will I have enough time to make the rail connection to the airport check in and get to the gate?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 2:02 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

Yes, plenty of time. In 30th street station follow signs that lead you to SEPTA trains on upper level. The R1 train runs every half hour and is about a 20 minute trip, stopping at each airport terminal.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Should be a piece of cake. Trains run every 30 minutes and it's about a 20 minute ride to the airport.

Granted I was going the other way the other night, but we landed at 645p at PHL and I was able to take SEPTA to 30th Street and easily make the 730p Acela train to Metropark (and I had to buy a ticket for said Acela train).
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
You can be off Amtrak and aboard SEPTA regional rail in 5 minutes if need be. SEPTA fare can be purchased with cash once under way though there is a 75 cent surcharge, cheap for another 30 minutes to make your flight.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
This has to be one of the easiest to use airport-to-amtrak (or otherwise) connections ever. Now that AS is flying SEA-PHL, I have used it to get to MDT, rather than fly to BWI and rent my car there.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 8:49 am

SEPTA Regional Rail is the northwest section of 30th St Station. The ticket window in right by the steps up to the platform. The Airport Line Line ticket costs $6.25 at the window; $7.00 if purchased on board the train. There is a train scheduled to leave 30th St at 11:04 AM. You'll be at the airport by 11:30 AM.

http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/air.pdf

(NOTE: SEPTA Regional Rail changes it schedule 2 - 3 times a year, however the Airport Line has gone unchanged for many years. The above link will always lead to the current train schedule.)

Last edited by SEPTASocial; Aug 6, 2012 at 10:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.