BKK-LAS-JFK-LHR-BKK with points. plz help

Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA , SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, United, Aeroplan, Hyatt Plat
BKK-LAS-JFK-LHR-BKK with points. plz help

im trying to book a flight with points from bkk-las-jfk-lhr-bkk with about 2 weeks at each place. i called US airways and they said this trip is not possible with points. can someone help me figure a way to book it plz. thanks in advance
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
you're gonna have to provide a lot more info, and post it in the US Award on *A thread.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Looks like a 'round the world' booking to me.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
The best way to make this work without RTW would be to use LAS as your destination and EWR (UA hub) as your stopover on the way home. You won't be able to do anything more than 24 hr. in LHR because this would be a second stopover. LHR isn't a *A hub anymore so that's no good either.

Even this idea is semi-legal because BKK-EWR is slightly longer distance than BKK-LAS.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:10 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The US Airways partner award chart has such an around the world option.

Want to go around the world? For 200,000 miles in economy class, 300,000 miles in business class or 400,000 miles in first class you can circle the globe.

But there is nothing more specific about restrictions, layover times, etc. I suggest you call and ask to speak to someone who is very familiar with an around the world award so they can explain how to use it, book the flights, etc.

The Star Alliance round the world fares have some rules that might be applicable to the member airlines' round the world award options.

These T&C's about the stopovers may apply:
3.4 Maximum number of coupons, minimum and maximum stay
The maximum number of flight coupons is limited to 16 per ticket. Surface sectors and multiple airport cities are counted as flight coupons.
Minimum stay: The travel on the last international sector (intercontinental sector, if travel started in Europe) must start no earlier than 10 days after the first international sector (intercontinental sector, if travel started in Europe) started. For travel starting in Australia and New Zealand there is no minimum stay required for First and Business Class Fares. For Economy Class Fares the travel on the last international sector must start no earlier than 7 days after the first international sector started. Maximum stay: All travel must be completed within one year after departure from the fare origin. Exception: Tickets issued prior to 17 April 2012 which involve sectors operated by bmi (BD) will be accepted for travel up to and including 17 April 2013.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:23 am

"Star Round the World Award

DM Round The World bookings allow our Dividend Miles member to use miles to travel on all DM partner carriers for a specialized itinerary which follow all award redemption requirements with some additional conditions.

DM Blackout dates apply.
Maximum stay - 331 days.

Stopovers must be confirmed and ticketed prior to origination.
Open segments not permitted
Awards are not valid with code share flights.

Chart
Booking Code
Cabin
Miles Required
Stopovers
X
Coach
Max 5
I
Business
Max 5
O
First
Max 5

Routing rules are:
· Must be valid routings from board to destination/stopover point
· All travel must be in one geographical direction
· No backtracking from a IATA Area to another
· Surface sectors permitted unlimited provided all other itineraries/stopover/routing rules are applied.
· Side trips must be a separate award PNR and ticket
· The award Origin and Final Destination must be in the same country
Stopover rules are:
· Minimum 3 stopovers - can be anywhere
· Maximum 5 stopovers - can be anywhere
· No more than 2 stopovers in any one award region
The following itineraries are permitted:
· 1 Pacific crossing
· 1 Atlantic crossing
· Open surface sectors permitted - unlimited
· Maximum 10 segments"

This was sent to me from a US Airways agent after repeatedly calling and asking about the rules for a RTW booking with Dividend Miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.