Search

Double DCA Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air Chairman's, SPG Plat, UA Platinum
Double DCA Miles

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was on hold with the Chairman's line tonight and heard an advertisement for an upcoming promo for tickets purchased 7/7-8/5 for travel through 9/30 for travel to or from DCA that will earn double miles. I asked the agents about it and they had not even heard about it yet, and the web address it give <www.usairways.com/doubledcmiles> is not operational yet. It is supposedly to celebrate all the new routes, but the ad said all travel, and that there would be no need to register. It did not give any indication if these are bonus or preferred miles.

Hope this helps,

C
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Good to know! Going to hold out on booking a few itineraries to at least see if this comes to fruition.

Thanks for the heads up, *CarterS*
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Come on!! Make my day (and summer)..!!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: US CP, *A Gold, Intercontinental Plat. Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
I heard the same thing on hold a little while ago. I thought it said www.usairways.com/dcdoublemiles. However, that site isn't working...yet.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:45 am

Programs: Free Agent
Looks like it's working: www.usairways.com/doubledcmiles

Note - does not count for PQM's and does not count for connections through DCA.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond + 1MM; AA Gold; UA Gold
Y reservations

I just booked 8 R/T to DCA in Y. I hope they don't make me cancel all of those reservations and redo them. that would be really annoying (they probably will...)
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
This is great news! Except for that pesky DCA-LA flight I just booked earlier this week. Doh!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by finny52:18879512
I just booked 8 R/T to DCA in Y. I hope they don't make me cancel all of those reservations and redo them. that would be really annoying (they probably will...)
Well since it says the double miles is for bookings made July 7 onward, I'd say you are probably out of luck.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by PBIGuy
Looks like it's working: www.usairways.com/doubledcmiles

Note - does not count for PQM's and does not count for connections through DCA.
Darn, and here I was expecting some great mileage running. Still a cool promo, but definitely nothing to go crazy over. :-/
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Frustrating as I just booked five roundtrips between now August 4th a few days ago!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Double bonus miles are a nice treat for DCA itineraries, but not enough of a promo to make me book trips just to get the miles. It needs to be double PQM to get me to fly just for the sake of the miles, at least this year. Sigh.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
United is just wrapping up a promo that required booking after the promo date, however all of my itineraries were booked before and I got the bonus. I'd wouldn't be surprised if they put that stipulation in there but will count those trips make those as qualifying.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I may do a flight or two on this.

I normally fly out of BWI as it's much closer, but DCA isn't that far that this wouldn't be worth it to me under some circumstances. At least for one of them, DCA has nonstops to MCO which would be easier than connecting thru CLT or PHL. The other's a transcon to SEA so if worked thru PHX, it could net a nice bonus when adding in PLAT bonus.

Now, I wonder if it's double base miles, or will it include CoS bonuses if I buy an F ticket.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by nevansm
United is just wrapping up a promo that required booking after the promo date, however all of my itineraries were booked before and I got the bonus. I'd wouldn't be surprised if they put that stipulation in there but will count those trips make those as qualifying.
In the past this hasn't worked for me on US when they ran these promos. However what has worked was making a change to the ticket, such as MoveUP which caused the ticket to be reissused
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
I'm on the road and wasn't able to check this promo thoroughly yet.

My question is whether the bonus applies only to non-stop flights or to the entire itinerary originating from or ending to DCA.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.