FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Redeeming US Miles for Premium Economy on *A Partners? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1363320-redeeming-us-miles-premium-economy-partners.html)

mfr2000 Jul 4, 2012 6:00 pm

Redeeming US Miles for Premium Economy on *A Partners?

Is it possible to redeem miles for Premium Economy seats on US Airways partners if available?

Air Rarotonga Jul 4, 2012 6:39 pm

No, only Economy, Business or First.

fly747first Jul 4, 2012 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by mfr2000 (Post 18871818)
Is it possible to redeem miles for Premium Economy seats on US Airways partners if available?

It's not possible and either way, very few US Airways partners offer premium economy as a distinct class-of-service.

PaceLaw2012 Jul 5, 2012 3:31 pm

hmmm...I've been wondering this for awhile. I was thinking about trying to get a Y+ award on TK for JFK-IST next year. I haven't called anyone yet, but from my research my best bet would be to go for a Y award and do a cash upgrade later, although my rational side demands a better cpm return on my miles via a C reward.

Superguy Jul 6, 2012 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga (Post 18871945)
No, only Economy, Business or First.

Gotta be careful even with business. US only gives 100% on Z tickets on UA. :td: You need C, D or J and even then it's only 125%.

You'd think they could at least give 150% PQMs on Z and above (hell, even for Y/B) and then keep the RDM bonus standard. PQMs don't cost them anything really.

geo1005 Jul 6, 2012 9:57 am

The OP is asking about redemption, not earning.

mfr2000 Jul 6, 2012 10:29 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 18872531)
It's not possible and either way, very few US Airways partners offer premium economy as a distinct class-of-service.

Not yet :)

FlyingUsedToBeFun Jul 6, 2012 10:40 am

Originally Posted by mfr2000 (Post 18880835)
Not yet :)

mfr2000 is right. AC alerady has a premium economy cabin on one of its routes and you can be sure that if the test run is succesful it will be expanding it to other routes. I believe UA, SAS Scandinavian and Air New Zealand also offer it.

mfr2000 Jul 6, 2012 10:46 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUsedToBeFun (Post 18880893)
mfr2000 is right. AC alerady has a premium economy cabin on one of its routes and you can be sure that if the test run is succesful it will be expanding it to other routes. I believe UA, SAS Scandinavian and Air New Zealand also offer it.

Qantas has completely eliminated F class on certain routes to make room for premium economy. They can stuff more people in by throwing them a few inches more crumbs and hence drive up revenue. I see the F class market shrinking and the business and premium economy taking over.