FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Great experience on US Express First Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1359830-great-experience-us-express-first-class.html)

BizJet Jun 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Great experience on US Express First Class

I couldn't find a master thread on US Airways Express First Class by searching, but please consolidate if one exists and I missed it.

Just wanted to note that I finally had my first E-175 flight on Republic/US Airways Express since they installed First Class, and the flight was great. Just a short BOS-PHL, but it felt exactly like mainline on the E190 — maybe even better since the Republic crew seemed to have a little extra spring in its step.

Exact same seat and cabin feel as the E190 (though one row smaller). Offer of pre-departure beverage. Attentive service with multiple drink refills and snack basket passes in the air.

As we pushed back, I was actually caught off-guard when the FA said "Welcome aboard US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines" in her announcement, as I had honestly forgotten that I was on express. The whole experience just felt like mainline.

Well done, US.

More broadly, I was very pleasantly surprised with US this trip (BOS to Florida via Philadelphia). I hadn't been on US for a few months, but it seems like US has been stepping up its game. Preferred Access lanes at all gates and agents actually protected and honored the lanes. Very friendly and attentive service at the gates, clubs, aboard, etc. I missed Wi-Fi which I've taken for granted mostly flying with Delta, but that will be on the domestic fleet soon. Snack basket offerings were nice for a change and seemed better to me than what I've grown bored by on Delta.

beergolftile Jun 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Express staff doesn't have years of jaded experiences to ruin them.

Republic rocks....

PaceLaw2012 Jun 24, 2012 6:23 am

Originally Posted by beergolftile (Post 18809793)

Republic rocks....

+1. I'm sure that there are plenty of anecdotes out there to the contrary, but out of my est. 18 Republic segments since going to US 100% of the time, I've only had good experiences w/ Republic crews (in striking contrast to Mesa). As far as experiences w/ other pax on Republic flights, that's a different (and unrelated) issue.

IADCAflyer Jun 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Hate to say it, but I'm really starting to like the CRJ - as long as its one with F class...Incredibly quiet up front.

geo1005 Jun 25, 2012 8:29 am

Republic rocks....

This.

I'm a big fan of Republic and their crews. ^

jwhite4304 Jun 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by geo1005 (Post 18816505)
This.

I'm a big fan of Republic and their crews. ^

+1. Great crews!

cwe84 Jun 26, 2012 4:42 am

Oh we have our outwardly jaded people.... But the majority of us know how to keep that to ourselves and not take it out on our passengers.... Make no mistake we have our issues that our executive management is choosing to ignore

Republic rocks....

Thank you I hope you all still feel that way in the next few months!

geo1005 Jun 26, 2012 9:14 am

Originally Posted by cwe84 (Post 18821875)
Thank you I hope you all still feel that way in the next few months!

:eek:

Do you know something we don't know?!?!

Hopefully you are referring only to the busy summer season ahead!

coachrowsey Jun 26, 2012 9:17 am

Op, thanks. Always great to hear these reports.

fly747first Jun 26, 2012 10:31 am

Originally Posted by BizJet (Post 18809599)
I couldn't find a master thread on US Airways Express First Class by searching, but please consolidate if one exists and I missed it.

Just wanted to note that I finally had my first E-175 flight on Republic/US Airways Express since they installed First Class, and the flight was great. Just a short BOS-PHL, but it felt exactly like mainline on the E190 — maybe even better since the Republic crew seemed to have a little extra spring in its step.

Exact same seat and cabin feel as the E190 (though one row smaller). Offer of pre-departure beverage. Attentive service with multiple drink refills and snack basket passes in the air.

As we pushed back, I was actually caught off-guard when the FA said "Welcome aboard US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines" in her announcement, as I had honestly forgotten that I was on express. The whole experience just felt like mainline.

Well done, US.

More broadly, I was very pleasantly surprised with US this trip (BOS to Florida via Philadelphia). I hadn't been on US for a few months, but it seems like US has been stepping up its game. Preferred Access lanes at all gates and agents actually protected and honored the lanes. Very friendly and attentive service at the gates, clubs, aboard, etc. I missed Wi-Fi which I've taken for granted mostly flying with Delta, but that will be on the domestic fleet soon. Snack basket offerings were nice for a change and seemed better to me than what I've grown bored by on Delta.

Write to US Airways so that the crew gets recognized for such excellent service.

cwe84 Jun 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by geo1005 (Post 18822990)
:eek:

Do you know something we don't know?!?!

Hopefully you are referring only to the busy summer season ahead!

No not just a reference to the busy summer season...

I think everyone can google our pilot situation not to mention that we are taking on 28 more Q400's to fly for United. Strained is going to be the word around here.

beergolftile Jun 27, 2012 12:29 am

Well, I think the upgrading of the RJs to first class is one of the reasons (probably in the top 2 or 3) that I have continued to fly US.

Living in CLT, I have to fly out of RDU or GSO due to the high prices conflicting with my company's budget on travel. Therefore, I end up on a lot of these planes that now have first class. It's a real treat for a 6'4" individual like myself.

Though it's a issue for another thread, CLT is silly with their pricing and has made me seriously consider a status match with another airline since Im having to connect anyway...

$100 is no big deal, but 500-800 dollars is enough to make the decsion different.