Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket Change "I don't accept these changes" (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by lizs
Any chance a layover changing from 1 hour to 40 minutes would be enough to get US to cancel the 1st leg of a flight? Starting from the second segment would actually be significantly easier.
So...I have called two agents. Both of them said absolutely not, it's a hard and fast rule you can't drop the first leg. But sounds like people have done it before, should I keep trying HUACA?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:35 am
Formerly known as jlars77

Immaterial Schedule Change/Options

USDM booked R/T award PHX-LAX-NRT on AA/JL metal in F in Oct. Apparently a change in flight time occured, which is so minor I wouldn't have noticed without the notification. 2 questions:

1. If availability exists, what is the possibility I can add a NRT - ITM segment on the outbound once I'm within the 60 day rule for JL domestic awards?

2. At some point I assume I need to accept changes to ensure we're booked on the flight. Is this T-24 or sooner?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
For a minor change which does not drop you below MCT at LAX, you are not entitled to make any changes. That would be especially true for routing. But, you can always ask nicely and you may get.

As to timing, do it now. Anytime you are working with F award availability on another carrier, something can go wrong. If JL somehow believes those are not confirmed reservations and sells the seats or allows their use for another award, perhaps one of it's elites, you are largely SOL. Today is better than tomorrow and so forth.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:31 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

Thanks for the advice, 2 award seats if F are hard to snag these days so I don't want to muck that up.

Interesting that AA/US never emailed me about the change, and I only found out when I checked the trip status. I'm not sure what AA policy is, but I know tickets I've booked through OTA's have historically provided timely notifications with schedule changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.