FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   RDU USAirways club open now... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1311448-rdu-usairways-club-open-now.html)

1kwannabe Feb 7, 2012 10:23 am

RDU USAirways club open now...

At RDU USAirwsys club. Very nice with great seating options. It is up stairs across from gate D1. Another great benefit is drinks are on US, until Feb. 12. All Drinks are complementary in celebration of the club opening. Departure and arrival monitors also show all *A flights, nice touch. Glad to have club back at RDU.
Enjoy!!

marlee1421 Feb 7, 2012 11:26 am

Originally Posted by 1kwannabe (Post 17968760)
At RDU USAirwsys club. Very nice with great seating options. It is up stairs across from gate D1. Another great benefit is drinks are on US, until Feb. 12. All Drinks are complementary in celebration of the club opening. Departure and arrival monitors also show all *A flights, nice touch. Glad to have club back at RDU.
Enjoy!!

Great addition. Thanks US. Can't wait to use it later in the Spring.

ronniefastback Feb 7, 2012 12:16 pm

Good to hear!!!

GotCalcio4 Feb 7, 2012 1:18 pm

Waiting to see who will be the first to post some pics of the new space..

CMK10 Feb 7, 2012 1:53 pm

YES!!!!!!! Great news, finally finally finally! I can't wait to take advantage of this.

Looks like it's on the website too:

Location: Raleigh/Durham. Airside, directly across from gate D1

Hours: 5:00 AM – 7:30 PM Daily

Conference rooms

Biggie Fries Feb 7, 2012 3:49 pm

Yeah, and what a (pleasant) surprise. Went by the Delta Skyclub and asked the guy at the desk, "Are you still taking us in?" When he said, "No," I was a bit a taken aback, until he smiled and said the US Club was now open. Anyhow, it's crisp and clean now, and, of course, closer to the gates.

FriendlySkies Feb 7, 2012 4:45 pm

Glad to see that there is now a *A option at RDU! ^

ACC2008 Feb 8, 2012 11:55 am

Nice!

Nice to hear this as I did miss USAirways club at RDU but was able to use DL Club. It is just not the same!

Are the same staff there or do they have new staff at the Club?

Thanks

MJonTravel Feb 19, 2012 6:26 am

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4 (Post 17970142)
Waiting to see who will be the first to post some pics of the new space..

I'm here now. Here ya' go. Sorry, they're not the best photos. Link to my blog.

kudzu Feb 19, 2012 6:57 am

Originally Posted by flyastrojets (Post 18043442)

Thank you! Looks good ...

ma91pmh Feb 19, 2012 8:29 am

Looks great! I rarely fly US Air but will check it out next week when I am back on road thanks to US not needing ticket for Amex Plat. Looks like RDU will now have three pretty nice lounges in the new terminal

GotCalcio4 Feb 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Looks fantastic. Love the modern styling. Hope this is the new standard going forward as they look to open the new ones in LGA and DCA.

brobab Feb 19, 2012 7:00 pm

I think the styling is more a mirror of the Delta and AA clubs at RDU. the terminal itself is pretty new and the styling all seems to match. Looking forward to an inaugural visit next week.

sts603 Feb 20, 2012 6:51 am

Originally Posted by brobab (Post 18046664)
I think the styling is more a mirror of the Delta and AA clubs at RDU. the terminal itself is pretty new and the styling all seems to match. Looking forward to an inaugural visit next week.

The AA and DL clubs at RDU have vastly different styles. The spaces are designed by airlines not the new terminal. Looks from the pictures though that the US club is certainly more attractive than the DL club which is hideous. AA probably still wins though at RDU style-wise.

ma91pmh Feb 20, 2012 7:23 am

Originally Posted by sts603 (Post 18048658)
the DL club which is hideous. A

That is extremely harsh. The DL club at RDU is pretty nice IMHO