Update sent on Express First Class installations!

Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
The seat swap is fairly simple for the little jets. Take a few rows out and put the new seats in. Nothing else needs to change. I bet it can be done in about five hours overnight.

The widebodies require electronics for the IFE which is a whole different story.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: CP on US and many more...
Can someone explain?

Once the seats are swapped will there be a higher cost just like FC is now? If so then empty seats will fill based on upgrade status like it works today. Correct?

Please tell me this isn't a first come first serve thing.

Thanks,

P
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold, Alamo Insiders, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by pswider
Please tell me this isn't a first come first serve thing.
It sounds like for the time being it is first come first serve until ALL of the RJs for each regional fleet are FC equipped. Mainly because they often won't know exactly which plane will be flying which route or if there is a plane swap, there is the potential for no FC. This is why all of the first row seats will be preferred seats and you just might get lucky and they may be FC while the fleet undergoes reconfiguration. Once all the RJs that are supposed to get FC are FC equipped, the FC seats will work just like FC seats now - more expensive and UGs processed by status.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Also remember that until all of the conversions are complete, even if you do get a FC seat the service offered is still coach service (no free drinks or snacks etc).
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:40 am

Sorry about reviving what should be a zombie thread - but I'm getting conflicting information.

On the CR7, AIN says the F conversion is complete. The seatmap on a trip a few weeks out says the plane has F - but an agent I spoke to (was looking for a milage upgrade on the second leg) said that the CR7 for the first leg is all coach??

I know the actual aircraft isn't assigned until day before - but if they're all done this makes no sense.

Can anyone confirm where the update project actually stands?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by LowlyDLsilver
Sorry about reviving what should be a zombie thread - but I'm getting conflicting information.

On the CR7, AIN says the F conversion is complete. The seatmap on a trip a few weeks out says the plane has F - but an agent I spoke to (was looking for a milage upgrade on the second leg) said that the CR7 for the first leg is all coach??

I know the actual aircraft isn't assigned until day before - but if they're all done this makes no sense.

Can anyone confirm where the update project actually stands?
I can see one of two possible situations:
  • Temporary wet lease either for supplemental capacity ora replacement during maintainence checks (but considering the CR7's were just outfitted with First Class seats the second option seems unlikely)
  • Route will be using a CR2 (which aren't getting F seats AFAIK) and the seatmap hasn't been updated to reflect that yet.

Do you know, did the USX operating carrier change by chance? If its now operated by Air Wisconsin then it's a CR7/CR2 swap for sure.

Last edited by thomwithanh; Feb 20, 2012 at 12:06 pm
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:04 pm

Thom:

I know they aren't doing the CR2 - but the website shows a price for F - on the next flight (CR2) it shows "not available"
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by LowlyDLsilver
Thom:

I know they aren't doing the CR2 - but the website shows a price for F - on the next flight (CR2) it shows "not available"
That's very odd.

Usually the Seatmaps (the maps themselves, not necessarily seat selection) are the one thing on usairways.com that tends to be accurate. Maybe try agent roulette, it's possible the individual you spoke to had wrong information.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: None
I haven't seen any announcement that all the PSA planes are done but it shouldn't take much longer (they operate the only CRJ700's). However, I don't remember the original timeline off the top of my head other than PSA would be the last either started or finished. Unlike the 330's, the RJ's aren't being reconfigured only in conjunction with heavy maintenance so the conversions should proceed faster.

Jim
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by thomwithanh
That's very odd.

Usually the Seatmaps (the maps themselves, not necessarily seat selection) are the one thing on usairways.com that tends to be accurate. Maybe try agent roulette, it's possible the individual you spoke to had wrong information.
Sorry, last reply poorly worded. Flight in question is a CR7 and has F priced, next flight is a CR2 and shows not available. The way I worded it it sounded like both were CR2.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:12 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
There will be a E170 single class flying around for a little while thats a spare. Republic is pulling a former F9/YX spare over to cover the new flights from DCA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.