Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by beachbrew
try calling again, t-24 and you may be able to snag one.
You'll likely still have to pay - I am Gold and they charged for them on a recent DFW-CLT-CDG-PHL-DFW trip. And last week, they were charging at check in for them on the day of flight. Apparently, the only way to get them without paying is if you take a chance at the gate.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Overhead space in F?

First time on CRJ 900. Post reconfig with F, is the overhead space any larger? The RJ's have larger bins on the 2-seater port side of the plane, did the CRJ 900s receive similar treatment? Do you still need to gate check all roll-aboards if seated in F?

One more Q - does row 3 have more recline than 1 or 2? Seems that way on the RJ 145s and an upstream posts suggests that may be the case on a CRJ 900 too.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by PittDoc
First time on CRJ 900. Post reconfig with F, is the overhead space any larger? The RJ's have larger bins on the 2-seater port side of the plane, did the CRJ 900s receive similar treatment? Do you still need to gate check all roll-aboards if seated in F?

One more Q - does row 3 have more recline than 1 or 2? Seems that way on the RJ 145s and an upstream posts suggests that may be the case on a CRJ 900 too.
The overhead bins on the right side were never changed with the first class reconfigure, and are the same size a the Y section bins. The left side bins were changed to small bins that might hold a small/medium purse or something of that nature. Any rollerbag that would fit a mainline overhead bin still has to be gate-checked for size, even for FC.

Unless I have missed something, row 3 recline is the same as the rest of FC.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:02 am

Bombardier CRJ-900

I'll be flying on a US Airways Bombardier CRJ-900 from BUR to PHX in March. The seat map on US Airways differs from the Seat Guru seat map. How does 4F compare to the "2nd" exit row (Seat Guru shows row 14, US Air seat selection shows row 13)?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
I have no experience with 4F, but 4A is great - you have a ton of legroom between you and row 3, and in the A seat (but not B) there's underseat stowage in front of that.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Seat 4F is pretty good. Huge amount of stowage space under pair of F seats in front of you.

Seat 4B has "unlimited" legroom, but no stowage space (unless the passenger in 4A doesn't mind sharing).

Seat 4A has a huge amount of stowage space under the F class seat in front of it - I recently placed a very overstuffed backpack there instead of trying to cram it into the overhead. I'm 6'1" and had no trouble stretching my legs out all the way.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
4F is one of my favorite Y seats in the entire fleet, ignore seat guru, it has underseat storage with the F seats.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
PSA starts flying CR9 on July 31st. Just saw it as an option to PNS...two things I noticed compared to Mesa CR9:

-WiFi
-12 F seats ^^^
Old Jul 7, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Domestic First service

I am booked onto a US airways flight (RNO-PHX) next week and this will be my first time on US. In terms of service is is snack (and drink) only? CRJ900 if it makes any difference.

Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: US Gold, DL, AA, UA
If lucky, you may get the snack basket but I doubt it. The only difference with the CRJ900 is that drinks are served in plastic as opposed to glass, something us US frequent flyers are used to since we have only had glass on shorthaul mainline for a few months
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by arh1
I am booked onto a US airways flight (RNO-PHX) next week and this will be my first time on US. In terms of service is is snack (and drink) only? CRJ900 if it makes any difference.

Thanks
I flew PHX-SAT in March on the CR9, upgraded to F. It was a decent ride, made the trip much more tolerable sitting up in F.

As someone else indicated, the overhead bins are a bit small. They mostly left the old bins on the one side of the aircraft, and those on the other are extremely small.

That said, on both legs I sat on the solo-seat side, and really liked it.

The FA did a pre-departure bev service for both flights, then more bevs and I think the snack basket during flight (I could be wrong and maybe it was just a snack packet).
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: None
Just to make it clear, the PDB and snack basket is only in FC - if you're sitting in coach you won't get either. You'll get a little bag of snack mix and free non-alcoholic beverage (pay for alcoholic bev).

Jim
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Seats on CRJ900 tmrw 7/18 PHX-OAK (flt #2720)

Went to check in and I see that seat 3A was available at no charge. I thought on a CRJ900 that the first 3 rows were first class (1/2/3A, 1/2/3C, 1/2/3D)??

I lost my status (and I'm on an award flight) so there was no chance of a comp upgrade. Do I take the seat and hope that I actually have a place to sit (3B is showing as a 'preferred' seat...but shouldnt even exist). Or do I stay where I was?

FWIW - the seating config shows 19 rows at 2 wide which I cant even find on seatguru.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by skitch23
Went to check in and I see that seat 3A was available at no charge. I thought on a CRJ900 that the first 3 rows were first class (1/2/3A, 1/2/3C, 1/2/3D)??

I lost my status (and I'm on an award flight) so there was no chance of a comp upgrade. Do I take the seat and hope that I actually have a place to sit (3B is showing as a 'preferred' seat...but shouldnt even exist). Or do I stay where I was?

FWIW - the seating config shows 19 rows at 2 wide which I cant even find on seatguru.
There are a few CRJ900s floating around that were delivered to US without F. They should all have F in due time, but in the meantime they are configured with all Y.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Hmmm.... I swear when I looked a few days ago that there was an F cabin and I'm certain that there were 21 rows, but maybe the plane got swapped for one without F. I think I'm going to roll the dice and hope for the best! Flightstats shows Y/9 so I should at least have a place to sit if I get booted from 3A. Maybe they'll swap it back to a 'properly' configured CRJ900 ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.