Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Often1
They are an uncomfortable aircraft and I avoid them when I can.
Hopefully that's improving. According to this weeks weekly employee newsletter almost 3/4 of the CRJ900's have the new interior with leather seat covers and memory foam padding.

Jim
Old May 27, 2011, 5:33 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by richinaz
Another one of these perfectly inconsistent rules. Don't most airlines in the US require payment by credit cards only? So any reasonable person would assume the same is true for this flight as well.
Which "cashless cabin" mainlines have "cashless cabin" express? My Company contracts for all of the majors and none have credit card machines onboard. At $600 the cost/benefit is not worth it.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: US Airways - Platinum
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Hopefully that's improving. According to this weeks weekly employee newsletter almost 3/4 of the CRJ900's have the new interior with leather seat covers and memory foam padding.
The new seats are quite a bit more comfortable than the old ones. Obviously, the seat width and leg room haven't changed and it can be a pretty tight fit if you are sharing a row with a larger passenger.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: CO, BA, UA, AA, PC, HH, MARRIOT, HYATT, MR, STARWOOD
I have 2 legs on this aircraft on an award bookong with Continental-what are "choice seats"-how do they differ from others?
seatguru shows no difference on these seats.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
Originally Posted by finite7777
I have 2 legs on this aircraft on an award bookong with Continental-what are "choice seats"-how do they differ from others?
seatguru shows no difference on these seats.
They are generally towards the front of the plane.... and are no different than any other seat. The only seats that are different are the exit rows (more legroom) and the bulkhead (no one will recline into you and slight more legroom).
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: CO, BA, UA, AA, PC, HH, MARRIOT, HYATT, MR, STARWOOD
The telephone agent told me the first row isnt accessible except for handicapped-huh? And why cant i get an exit row when my reservation is 1st and business on the other European legs? And I can't purchase an exit row either? Nice.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: None
what are "choice seats"-how do they differ from others?
As mentioned, other than generally more toward the front there's no difference in the physical seat. The difference is that you'll pay a fee to if you choose a "choice" seat.

Jim
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
The telephone agent told me the first row isnt accessible except for handicapped-huh? And why cant i get an exit row when my reservation is 1st and business on the other European legs? And I can't purchase an exit row either? Nice.
try calling again, t-24 and you may be able to snag one.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
The first row is indeed held for persons with disabilities until (IME) the flight is airport controlled. Ask someone at check in if you can get moved there. You used to be able to call in and request the seat but they have cracked down on phone agents doing that.

As for the exit row, they are reserved for DM Preferred customers and flying F/C int'l doesn't get you access to them (though a phone or ticketing agent might do it for you - I don't know).
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by marksskram
The first row is indeed held for persons with disabilities until (IME) the flight is airport controlled. Ask someone at check in if you can get moved there. You used to be able to call in and request the seat but they have cracked down on phone agents doing that.

As for the exit row, they are reserved for DM Preferred customers and flying F/C int'l doesn't get you access to them (though a phone or ticketing agent might do it for you - I don't know).
I am booking PHX-SAT on the CRJ900, and US seatmap shows the first three rows, left side, as single seats. Seatguru says there are 2/2 throughout, any ideas? (FL 2770)
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:09 am

May very well be due to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...onal-jets.html
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by marksskram
May very well be due to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...onal-jets.html
So if I am understanding this whole thing, these 3 rows are first class seats, and any preferred may take at booking (as they are purple) but there is no first class service?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by cdepks
So if I am understanding this whole thing, these 3 rows are first class seats, and any preferred may take at booking (as they are purple) but there is no first class service?
It's possible those rows will be the new first class seats (though no one can tell you as equipment swaps can happen up until the last minute). You're right though. There is no change for receiving first class service though.

Good luck!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by cdepks
I am booking PHX-SAT on the CRJ900, and US seatmap shows the first three rows, left side, as single seats. Seatguru says there are 2/2 throughout, any ideas? (FL 2770)
Currently all the USX CRJ-900s are still 2/2 (86Y config). They are supposed to be reconfigured to having the F/C seats (first several A/C were delivered with a F/C cabin for AMW ops, but were reconfigured to full Y when the AMW/US merger came up). At this point in time, there are no finalized engineering documents for the cabin reconfiguration.

When the -900s came to CLT, they were generally parked on C-concourse, but were relocated to E-conn in a swap with the express E170/175s.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:47 am

CRJ-900 seating ?

Need help sorting out these seat maps. SeatGuru has exit rows on the CRJ-900 as 16 & 17, US web site seat map has 4 exit rows, 13 through 16. Any help on which row actually has the most leg room? Thanks.... (And I know up front has been reconfigured, but it is also full on the flights I need.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.