Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS Boeing 757-200 (B75H Hawaii version) [RETIRED FROM FLEET]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways / America West 757-2S7 ("B75H") to / from Hawai'i
Returning to Lessor mid-2018

This "West" or "Hawaii" (B75H) (ex-HP) aircraft is distinguished by offering 14 First class seats (2x2 across, 38" pitch, ~20" width reclining seats), 176 standard "Main Cabin" / economy seats (3x3 across, 32" pitch, 17" width) including 10? exit row seats designated Main Cabin Extra.

These aircraft are being retired from AA service and returned to their lessor and will be replaced by the Legacy U. S. Airways "East" (non-HP, US 757-2B7 / B57E with 12 "Envoy" angled flat 2 x 2 seats in First, 164 standard "Main Cabin" seats with 12 exit row seats designated MCE, beginning in April 2018. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

No power, no IFE; at least the LHP "West" 752s (like the LAA "Eisenhower" F seats) have no head rests.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS Boeing 757-200 (B75H Hawaii version) [RETIRED FROM FLEET]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrSyslogd
I looked at seat guru, so I know that one. I was more interested if US was flying the decrepit HI versions for these routes and if refits were done.

All I know US could swap it out with an A321 if this goes MX.
I flew the Hawaii version two weeks ago and found it perfectly adequate. I was quite shocked on boarding as it had a TV. Imagine that, shock at IFE. or , not sure which is appropriate there.

The first row on the starboard side is pretty nice (normally I detest bulkhead rows) as it has a big cutout for carry-ons and feet. Other than that, the seats are typical US first class.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by MrSyslogd
I was more interested if US was flying the decrepit HI versions for these routes and if refits were done.
The best way to tell is still the flight number. 1-699 are on West metal and West crews, 700-up are East metal and crews. The West 757's are all the same and used for Hawaii and other flying - 14 standard domestic FC seats. The East 757's are all pretty much the same and used for Europe and other flying - 12 Envoy seats which came from the A330-300's when they reduced the size of the old Envoy cabin and enlarged the coach cabin.

Jim
Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by DCdeacon
I flew DCA-PHX back in the spring on a 757 with the envoy seats, and it was continuing on to HNL.
Yes, US had one HNL flight on an East 757 for a while. As I recall, it was due to the return of a West 757 to the leasor creating a shortage of 1 airplane for the peak Hawaiian season. Longer term US is going to have to do something - until the pilot mess is over the East can only operate one flight to HI so the West will have to get something to cover any future shortage of 757's until the pilot seniority and contract are settled (or a merger throws everything in the mixer again). 7572's are hard to come by since FedEx is buying up about all the good ones.

Jim
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold.
Originally Posted by vysean
The first row on the starboard side is pretty nice (normally I detest bulkhead rows) as it has a big cutout for carry-ons and feet. Other than that, the seats are typical US first class.
Perfect. That is where I am sitting. Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Seating PHX-HNL (757-200)

Sorry if this is discussed on another thread, but I came up empty on my various searches.

I will be flying PHX-HNL, then back on the same route (757-200 both ways). Seatguru reflects that there are no windows in rows 13 & 14 (unfortunately on one leg this is my only option besides the exit row). I flew a 757-200 a couple months ago PHX-SAN and didn't notice any rows lacking windows, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Are there really no windows in either of these rows? I'm not sure I can fly that far without being able to see out.

I'd jump at the exit row, but I like having my stuff accessible at my feet, I usually watch a movie on a laptop with my traveling companion (sharing 2 tray tables), and sitting that close to the door just makes me nervous lol.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum
wifi

Does anyone know if the 757's to Hawaii are outfitted with wi-fi?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
They are not, just the A321 fleet when in range of land.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by skitch23:17415657
Seatguru reflects that there are no windows in rows 13 & 14. Are there really no windows in either of these rows?
Just in case anyone else has this same question... seatguru is incorrect. I flew to HNL on a "new" plane and back to PHX on an "old" plane and both had windows on each side of row 14, but neither side of row 13 had a window.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
What "NEW" plane are you talking about?

Originally Posted by skitch23
Just in case anyone else has this same question... seatguru is incorrect. I flew to HNL on a "new" plane and back to PHX on an "old" plane and both had windows on each side of row 14, but neither side of row 13 had a window.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 7:43 am

I suspect it's the East ETOPS 757 which was used for one of the HNL flights for a while earlier this year.

Jim
Old Dec 24, 2011, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse:17684527
What "NEW" plane are you talking about?
It wasn't new per se, but it at least seemed new. Nice seats and arm rests similar to what I've experienced on a 757 flt to/from SAN or any flight on a 321. The flight home was on a rickity old plane with icky seats and arm rests. Looked like it was straight out of 1985. Worst looking plane I've been on since the A330-300 last year PHL-FCO. Yuck
Old Dec 24, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: dl gold, Senator, premier
Slightly OT: Does the A319 have Power in Y? Does it require adapter
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
It wasn't new per se, but it at least seemed new. Nice seats and arm rests similar to what I've experienced on a 757 flt to/from SAN or any flight on a 321.
They have be "refreshing" the interiors of the older planes. So instead of the ETOPS 757 maybe that was one of the refreshed interiors.

Jim
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SantoDomingo
Slightly OT: Does the A319 have Power in Y? Does it require adapter
Nope Sorry.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I figured that is what the person was talking about, NOW that would be a nice bird to fly on to HNL....

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
I suspect it's the East ETOPS 757 which was used for one of the HNL flights for a while earlier this year.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.