Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The nine low MTOW Pratt & Whitney PW4168 engine equipped Airbus Industrie A330-300s had been scheduled for retirement (returned to lessor at end of lease) by late 2018 2021 now due to poor "fit" in the AA fleet (link). (The A330-200s, with more compatible Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines, will continue, however.)

Premium Economy and extended Main Cabin Extra are not expected to be installed on the A330-300, at this time. It’s unpredictable if they might be refutted with the extended retirement dates.

Link to Combined AA Fleet page

For the specific thread about the Zodiac Envoy Business seat, please see LUS A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330:
A330-200 Envoy Suites

Link to Seatguru for AA A330-300

Envoy / Business:
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across, private "suites"
* Seats A and H have windows and aisle access, angle out toward windows
* Seats C and F are both in the middle, angle in toward center (no windows)
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Economy:
* Rows 8 through 40
* Configured in a 2-4-2 pattern (A and H are windows with B/G beside them)
* Exits at row 25
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300:
A333 in New Livery

Link to archived older posts (back to 2011) from this thread.

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

AA Airbus A330-300 / 333 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I'd go -- we do go -- with option B (back-to-back window seats).
+1, x100 for a night flight.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I'd go -- we do go -- with option B (back-to-back window seats).

Go for the starboard side -- on the 332 the front commotion is portside.
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
+1, x100 for a night flight.
Perfect thank you! I'll go with option B!

Also note this got moved to the -300 thread because I realized that for the dates in question it's actually on a -300 not a -200 but I assume advice stays the same
Old May 13, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Yep, although I would be indifferent with sides of plane in 333, but would be more disposed to stay away from 1H.

Don't go too far back. If they swap out the 333 for a 332 -- believe me, it can happen -- not being in row 6 or 7 may help you avoid an involuntary downgrade.
Old May 14, 2016, 8:06 am

A333 seats 8 g&h

We are in these bulkhead seats for our flight from Phl to Lhr. It is an a330-300. Can anyone tell me if there are crew seats attached to the bulkhead in this area? I found a few pics of the bulkhead seats online, some have the evod attached to the bulkhead, others show jump seats for crew. If there are crew seats attached, where is the evod? Finally, is there decent leg room for these seats. Thank you!
Old May 14, 2016, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yep, although I would be indifferent with sides of plane in 333, but would be more disposed to stay away from 1H.

Don't go too far back. If they swap out the 333 for a 332 -- believe me, it can happen -- not being in row 6 or 7 may help you avoid an involuntary downgrade.
Okay cool we'll stay in the middle on one of the sides but well ahead of row 6/7 (looks like 3A and 4A are available on the portside so I'll go with that)
Old May 18, 2016, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by mina c
We are in these bulkhead seats for our flight from Phl to Lhr. It is an a330-300. Can anyone tell me if there are crew seats attached to the bulkhead in this area? I found a few pics of the bulkhead seats online, some have the evod attached to the bulkhead, others show jump seats for crew. If there are crew seats attached, where is the evod? Finally, is there decent leg room for these seats. Thank you!
Anyone have experience with A333 row 8 g & h seats? Thank you.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: Oneworld (BAEC Silver)
LHR-PHL economy experience

I sat in 8F from LHR-PHL. Decent amount of legroom - I'm 5'10" and could almost fully stretch my legs - the middle aisle section has more legroom than A/B and G/H by about 2 inches of so. Although, you can stretch your legs more fully on a non-bulkhead seat, so it's a matter of free knee space vs. fully stretching your legs. I didn't notice a significant seat width difference despite fixed armrests.

The IFE touchscreen was awful though! It was utterly non-responsive. I tried with my fingernail, with the tip of my finger, with the SIDE of my finger, nothing worked! Lol. That was awful, truly. The upshot was they had a nice movie selection

Next time I fly on this plane I would probably take a non-bulkhead seat because I prefer fully stretching my legs, and the legroom in non-bulkhead economy seats was fine, even good compared to other carriers like airberlin or Qantas.

I hope this is helpful to the economy flyers out there! I was worried and crawled this forum for awhile for answers...

Old May 19, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by n_f_c_
I sat in 8F from LHR-PHL. Decent amount of legroom - I'm 5'10" and could almost fully stretch my legs - the middle aisle section has more legroom than A/B and G/H by about 2 inches of so. Although, you can stretch your legs more fully on a non-bulkhead seat, so it's a matter of free knee space vs. fully stretching your legs. I didn't notice a significant seat width difference despite fixed armrests.

The IFE touchscreen was awful though! It was utterly non-responsive. I tried with my fingernail, with the tip of my finger, with the SIDE of my finger, nothing worked! Lol. That was awful, truly. The upshot was they had a nice movie selection

Next time I fly on this plane I would probably take a non-bulkhead seat because I prefer fully stretching my legs, and the legroom in non-bulkhead economy seats was fine, even good compared to other carriers like airberlin or Qantas.

I hope this is helpful to the economy flyers out there! I was worried and crawled this forum for awhile for answers...
Thank you NFC. Will plan to bring my kindle so I don't have to mess with the IFE. DH is quite tall and always bumps his knees, especially when the person in front of us reclines. So, sounds like this will work well for him. Thank you!
Old May 19, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Thank you NFC. Will plan to bring my kindle so I don't have to mess with the IFE. DH is quite tall and always bumps his knees, especially when the person in front of us reclines. So, sounds like this will work well for him. Thank you!
You can always navigate the IFE screen with the remote control. I've found that it works just fine that way.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by McSam18
Unblocked at T24
So it worth trying to grab a seat in row 25 at check-in (day flight)? Currently in row 9. Is the leg room worth the toilet traffic?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:40 pm

Best AA 330-300 biz seats for a couple

The configuration of the 330-300 makes it look as if the two middle seats aren't really next to each other. If a couple is flying together would it be better to get two middle seats in the same row or two seats in same row across the aisle from each other?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:42 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the AA Forum. Please follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Neither option suggested by the OP is great for conversation while seated - that's the trade-off in a J cabin designed for maximum space and privacy.

However, by selecting two seats across the aisle from each other, you're giving yourselves:

1. The opportunity for one of you to leave the seat and stand over the other's seat for conversation; and

2. The ability to use the same aisle in boarding and deplaning, and to assist one another with getting bags to/from the overhead bins.

You can't do either of these things when seated together in the middle section, counterintuitive as that may seem.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
This might get merged in one of the existing A330 thread as this comes up frequently, but the advice to book two aisle seats is correct - there is a divider on the seats in the middle and the closest point at which you "meet" your neighbor is actually at your feet.

Flying business these days is really about privacy and comfort if the plane in question has modern business seats - not about talking to the neighbor.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:45 pm

Thank you so much for both replies on this. It's very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.